2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Looks like next year's roster still has an open scholarship. What do you think they'd be looking for? Adding two HS guards, assume they'd be looking forward or possibly another post.
Bill typically leaves some open schollies so there aren't deep bench players who never see the floor. Well, OK maybe not for that reason as we still have some of those, but he does not use all 15 most years.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Tied with Ryan as least likely to leave at about zero percent probability. She's a local Iowa gal with everything looking like strong local ties. She is about as likely to leave ISU as Clark was to leave Iowa prior to this year. Anyone else on the team, who knows for sure. I don't think Fritz and Donarski were very much NIL related.

Other than LSU there hasn't been a lot of moves that are tied to NIL other than internet fan chatter. Texas, with all of their money, was not exactly rounding up star transfers. We have to have a reasonable amount of NIL to keep pace and maintain but the real NIL dollars (legit real company interest and not pay-for-play) will flow to players with marque name value, like Clark and Buecker. Crooks has that "It Girl" factor and will do really well in the real NIL deals. She has the game and the star personality, something we have not had at ISU before. Clark had a ton of it at Iowa. Crooks can do the same at ISU.
So in 3 years all of the Iowa media will be following Audi like they did CC this year? I find that hard to believe, even though Crooks appears to have a more dynamic personality than CC.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclone Pfan

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If everyone stays that we expect to there isn't a lot of need unless it's a special case. We added five players that are all good enough to start or to play significant minutes and adding two more. That's half a roster in two classes, so about the right balance IMHO. The five freshman have played 57% of our minutes, not like there's lots of roster minutes for the taking for newcomers next season.
Bill typically leaves some open schollies so there aren't deep bench players who never see the floor. Well, OK maybe not for that reason as we still have some of those, but he does not use all 15 most years.
I need to stop pre empting the questions I want to ask. Basically non of the responses I received went anywhere near answering what our biggest need is.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I'd say a big guard and Ward type rim protector.
I think Handley is already a silent comitt.
I need to stop pre empting the questions I want to ask. Basically non of the responses I received went anywhere near answering what our biggest need is.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
I honestly don’t know what our needs are. Will Natabou develop offensively? If not we need a post backup. Is Williams any good? If not we need a 3-4 combo. We are deep at point. We are bringing in a top notch three point shooter in one of our freshman. If AJ develops further as a scorer that’s a plus. Perhaps a quick guard with a shot? Someone in the 6’1/6’2 size (Bristow sized). For us hacks there just ain’t enough we know.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Someone to back up addy? She’s 6’2 and shoots the 3.
Another Addy in the starting lineup would be awesome. We don't need a backup for Addy, we someone else on the floor with Addy and Audi. I view Addy as a guard, not a 4. Addy's skill level at her size is unique and she will only get better. I doubt we find another Addy. Honestly, I would like to see us find an older more developed version of Bristow.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
I honestly don’t know what our needs are. Will Natabou develop offensively? If not we need a post backup. Is Williams any good? If not we need a 3-4 combo. We are deep at point. We are bringing in a top notch three point shooter in one of our freshman. If AJ develops further as a scorer that’s a plus. Perhaps a quick guard with a shot? Someone in the 6’1/6’2 size (Bristow sized). For us hacks there just ain’t enough we know.
Natabou's ability is confusing to me. She seems to have all the physical attributes to be a force at center but seems to be a half or full step behind on the court.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
With Bristow & Diew gone, the Clones need a rebounding machine to compliment Audi. Would be in nice if she was as a physical defender.

Plus a longer 3 point shooting 2/3.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Anybody better than Natabou isn't coming to ISU to be a backup IMHO. "Come to ISU and split 10 minutes of backup for Audi with Natabou" isn't much of a selling point to me. A backup post is generally just expected to hold her own in the minutes she gets and she did that this season. It will be either a HS or portal priority for 2025, or so it seem.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Anybody better than Natabou isn't coming to ISU to be a backup IMHO. "Come to ISU and split 10 minutes of backup for Audi with Natabou" isn't much of a selling point to me. A backup post is generally just expected to hold her own in the minutes she gets and she did that this season. It will be either a HS or portal priority for 2025, or so it seem.
Agreed…as I mentioned I think the off season for Nellie will be touch on her shot and foot work.

Reactions: NWICY

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
The only way I see us going for a big from the portal is if you see a freshman who looks like a prospect you can get and then have her red shirt next year. Then after Nellie leaves she is the back and working on her game.

• Agree
Reactions: WartburgClone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Addy is a pro typical workhorse. Does a bit of everything And does it well. I mentioned quick because her one liability is quickness or the lack thereof.
Agree, I posted a while back explosiveness should be her focus in the off season.

Reactions: acoustimac

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I agree, but it's going to be hard to find a better post backup than Natabou. She has her limitations, but she's really good defensively and is a great player to throw into the game for 3 minutes after Crooks beats down opposing posts. They're a nice 1-2 punch physically. If we can find a better post, great, but I'd be comfortable with Natabou.

Replacing Belanger is going to be more difficult than we imagined at the beginning of the year. She was not only a really good shooter, but she was a plus defender by the end of the year and made a lot of winning plays.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I agree, but it's going to be hard to find a better post backup than Natabou. She has her limitations, but she's really good defensively and is a great player to throw into the game for 3 minutes after Crooks beats down opposing posts. They're a nice 1-2 punch physically. If we can find a better post, great, but I'd be comfortable with Natabou.

Replacing Belanger is going to be more difficult than we imagined at the beginning of the year. She was not only a really good shooter, but she was a plus defender by the end of the year and made a lot of winning plays.

Completely agree on Natabou. I think she'll improve and it would be tough to get someone better to agree to come off the bench. Hopefully the replacement we get for Bristow at the 4 could give us some small ball 5 options.

As for the 2 we seem to have good in house options, Jackson, Williams and the incoming freshman whose name escapes me at the moment. If Joens returns she should push for time as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron