2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
What do you think they'd be looking for? Adding two HS guards, assume they'd be looking forward or possibly another post.
They'd take another Belanger if one was available just because we don't know how ready Tanke will be. Maybe a post if they have more than one year left since it isn't super important for next season.

Since there are multiple scholarships available, those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

Reactions: acoustimac

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The problem with having a great group of freshman is it can make recruiting harder since we have great set of five for the next three seasons (barring transfer) which might be one reason our incoming freshmen class is light. Transfers to target would likely be players looking to move up a level even if it means coming off the bench. Belanger was a gift, but she also might be a template for what we look for this off-season.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Looks like next year's roster still has an open scholarship. What do you think they'd be looking for? Adding two HS guards, assume they'd be looking forward or possibly another post.

If everyone stays that we expect to there isn't a lot of need unless it's a special case. We added five players that are all good enough to start or to play significant minutes and adding two more. That's half a roster in two classes, so about the right balance IMHO. The five freshman have played 57% of our minutes, not like there's lots of roster minutes for the taking for newcomers next season.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
not like there's lots of roster minutes for the taking for newcomers next season.
The easy thing to do is look at who is leaving. Diew? Alisa Williams, plus likely increased minutes for Bristow. Belanger? Tanke, plus maybe some more Jackson and some Reagan Wilson.

So yeah, like you said, not a lot of need if nobody transfers. I would feel better if we had another true post on the team, even if they were a bit of a project. Injuries happen, and we have nobody after Audi and Nellie.

GoClone

Apr 16, 2006
Any team can always use a proven shooter (drought buster), so someone like Hannah would be good to add to the next roster. After that, go for another big, but follow the men's example and try to get a tall gal like last year's Suarez to change things up inside. Great, even if that person were a developmental project.

Yes, I know six foot six plus gals are not exactly common, plus they can also play volleyball. However, there may be someone internationally looking for a basketball opportunity.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Why would she?
I don’t know why she would, but I said the same thing about Lexi Donarski and Denae Fritz , so you never know. I also thought with as good as Audi has been someone might come after her with a checkbook.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I don’t know why she would, but I said the same thing about Lexi Donarski and Denae Fritz , so you never know. I also thought with as good as Audi has been someone might come after her with a checkbook.

Tied with Ryan as least likely to leave at about zero percent probability. She's a local Iowa gal with everything looking like strong local ties. She is about as likely to leave ISU as Clark was to leave Iowa prior to this year. Anyone else on the team, who knows for sure. I don't think Fritz and Donarski were very much NIL related.

Other than LSU there hasn't been a lot of moves that are tied to NIL other than internet fan chatter. Texas, with all of their money, was not exactly rounding up star transfers. We have to have a reasonable amount of NIL to keep pace and maintain but the real NIL dollars (legit real company interest and not pay-for-play) will flow to players with marque name value, like Clark and Buecker. Crooks has that "It Girl" factor and will do really well in the real NIL deals. She has the game and the star personality, something we have not had at ISU before. Clark had a ton of it at Iowa. Crooks can do the same at ISU.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
Tied with Ryan as least likely to leave at about zero percent probability. She's a local Iowa gal with everything looking like strong local ties. She is about as likely to leave ISU as Clark was to leave Iowa prior to this year. Anyone else on the team, who knows for sure. I don't think Fritz and Donarski were very much NIL related.

Other than LSU there hasn't been a lot of moves that are tied to NIL other than internet fan chatter. Texas, with all of their money, was not exactly rounding up star transfers. We have to have a reasonable amount of NIL to keep pace and maintain but the real NIL dollars (legit real company interest and not pay-for-play) will flow to players with marque name value, like Clark and Buecker. Crooks has that "It Girl" factor and will do really well in the real NIL deals. She has the game and the star personality, something we have not had at ISU before. Clark had a ton of it at Iowa. Crooks can do the same at ISU.
Her and the team's personality is night and day from last year's team. Ashley was a superstar player, but man was she serious all the time.

Audi and Addy are constantly playing to the crowd, flexing on opponents, and flashing cheeky smiles. Can you imagine any players from last year's team having the gall to blow a kiss to a heckler after a free throw? I love it!

cyclones7

May 17, 2010
The two girls that left. Lexi is averaging less points than last year on a worse team. Fritz isnt playing at all for Baylor and average 1.8 points a game. So I don't think we miss either player. The freshmen are better than Fritz. Hannah is as good or better than Lexi.

CY74

Oct 27, 2019
I saw Williams had 20 rebounds in 59 minutes as a freshman at LSU. That seems like the perfect addition to our frontcourt.

Tanke appears to be exactly what BF looks for in a shooting guard. She seems to be good enough to push for the starting spot at the 2.

Wilson, being a pure PG may get limited minutes with Ryan returning but getting a year with one of the best to play the position should pay dividends to her future.

All in all they seem to be the exact additions needed to go along with the 7 returning rotational players.
So far Kelsey Joens has not been mentioned in this discussion. Her stats don’t jump out, but she has been a pretty solid contributor for a true freshman. With some off season development it seems to me she should be challenging for more playing time next year.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
So far Kelsey Joens has not been mentioned in this discussion. Her stats don’t jump out, but she has been a pretty solid contributor for a true freshman. With some off season development it seems to me she should be challenging for more playing time next year.
Agreed. I wasn't intending to leave her out. She'll be looking to grab some of the minutes vacated by Belanger.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Agreed. I wasn't intending to leave her out. She'll be looking to grab some of the minutes vacated by Belanger.
Belanger can do more than hit threes, her defense was a surprise and she moves well with the ball. Tanke is a 3-point ace in HS. I see Tanke as a situational player next year She'll be eased in as her defense develops, otherwise the loss of Belanger will be replaced by committee.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I think Reagan Wilson will be a very similar player to Jackson. Great defense, surprisingly good 3 point shooter and can play the one or the two. Today she was named a top five finalist for Indiana Miss Basketball.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Our team is really good but there is so much potential for growth with our team. If everyone returns that is able and contributing now, we could be really really good. Everywhere you look there is potential for growth.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron