NFL: 2023 Fantasy Football

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Yeah, I mean they are close enough that I don't find those rankings and projections to be significant enough difference to say 1 is a clear cut better choice. My gut says go with Purdy as he has outperformed projections 4 out of 5 weeks so far and QB4 overall on the season in Yahoo. Always open to opinions that have logic to sway me. Burrow was QB4 overall last season so we know the potential is always there but he has not seemed like himself so far this year other than finally breaking out last week.

You go with Purdy or Burrow?

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Who wants to give advice to a winless team with no signs of life remaining? That's me. I'm that person. Currently losing to the guy above me who only has 1 win.

My team now:
Burrow
Kenny Walker, Jaleel McLaughlin, Zack Moss
Jordan Addison, Davante Adams, Joshua Palmer (Q)
George Kittle
Brett Maher

Bench: Geno, Latavius Murray, Braxton Berries, Brandon Powell, Tutu Atwell, Calvin Austin, Hunter Henry

Players lost to injury: Nick Chubb, Mike Williams, Devon Achane for now.

I tried moving Achane to 4 different people the week before he got hurt, no takers. Moss is probably on downturn. McLaughlin on downturn and his team sucks balls. Burrow sucks balls except for last week. Addison and Palmer may be serviceable now with their top WRs out, but still minimal trade value. Adams stock is lowering with Meyer doing better and Garrapolo being hurt (plus Adams hasn't been a world-beater by any means this season apart from one pop off game). Kittle has sucked outside of one game.

What can I even do with this?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Who wants to give advice to a winless team with no signs of life remaining? That's me. I'm that person. Currently losing to the guy above me who only has 1 win.

My team now:
Burrow
George Kittle
Brett Maher

Bench: Geno, Latavius Murray, Braxton Berries, Brandon Powell, Tutu Atwell, Calvin Austin, Hunter Henry

I tried moving Achane to 4 different people the week before he got hurt, no takers. Moss is probably on downturn. McLaughlin on downturn and his team sucks balls. Burrow sucks balls except for last week. Addison and Palmer may be serviceable now with their top WRs out, but still minimal trade value. Adams stock is lowering with Meyer doing better and Garrapolo being hurt (plus Adams hasn't been a world-beater by any means this season apart from one pop off game). Kittle has sucked outside of one game.

Start with Walker and Davante separately and hope you can turn them into 4 decent players. Only thing I can really see right now.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I'm up by 4, I have Josh Allen, my opponent has Diggs. This is a difficult game to watch.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines

My team now:
Burrow
George Kittle
Brett Maher

Fantasy football has gotten to the point where there's no skill involved anymore. The only thing that matters is keeping your studs healthy the entire season.

Unfortunately you're screwed, there's just no way to replace the production of Achane, Chubb, and Williams. Achane was already a top 5 back, Chubb is a Top 10 back, and Williams would have had a career season.

I was 4-0 with the highest points in my league going into last week. Lost Mike Williams, Achane, Jefferson, and Connor. Tried plugging in Josh Palmer and sounds like he might not even play.

So I've basically gone from the best team in the league to completey non-competitive this week and the foreseeable future.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Fantasy football has gotten to the point where there's no skill involved anymore. The only thing that matters is keeping your studs healthy the entire season.

Unfortunately you're screwed, there's just no way to replace the production of Achane, Chubb, and Williams. Achane was already a top 5 back, Chubb is a Top 10 back, and Williams would have had a career season.

I was 4-0 with the highest points in my league going into last week. Lost Mike Williams, Achane, Jefferson, and Connor. Tried plugging in Josh Palmer and sounds like he might not even play.

So I've basically gone from the best team in the league to completey non-competitive this week and the foreseeable future.
I'm curious why it isn't a skill to not draft players who have an injury history and/or handcuffs to those types of players? I get it - you're salty balls because your team "should be dominant". But I have ZERO sympathy for those who took Chubb as high as they did, sure the injury was "a fluke" - but if you couldn't see a back with as much usage as he has had being a risk, that's on you. Him, Mike Williams, and Henry were all on my "undraftable" list. But I guess that didn't take any skill to forsee :rolleyes:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

My team now:
Burrow
George Kittle
Brett Maher

Kittle has been my worst draft pick. Too good to not start, but has done almost nothing. I went heavy into QB/RB and then took him as my tight end fairly early. My WR corp ended up being a weakness, but the way the draft fell, it just made more sense to do the above.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Kittle has been my worst draft pick. Too good to not start, but has done almost nothing. I went heavy into QB/RB and then took him as my tight end fairly early. My WR corp ended up being a weakness, but the way the draft fell, it just made more sense to do the above.
I traded away Kittle and Nico Collins for Tua. I had Dak and he was killing me. My TE is now Ertz. Not great but Kittle only gave me two good weeks.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I'm curious why it isn't a skill to not draft players who have an injury history and/or handcuffs to those types of players? I get it - you're salty balls because your team "should be dominant". But I have ZERO sympathy for those who took Chubb as high as they did, sure the injury was "a fluke" - but if you couldn't see a back with as much usage as he has had being a risk, that's on you. Him, Mike Williams, and Henry were all on my "undraftable" list. But I guess that didn't take any skill to forsee :rolleyes:
I'm sorry, but it's the truth, there might be a a little skill involved, but it's about 70% luck now compared to 30% 10 years ago. Injuries will level tye playing field for those who don't know what they are doing.

I've been in the same league since 2007 with the same 10-12 guys so everyone has alot of experience. 2 years ago the guy who won the league was a computer generated team becuase he had an emergency and couldn't make it to the draft on time.

You say not to draft Chubb, so who should they have taken instead? CMC and Barkley both have extensive injury history, Jacobs and Taylor were both holding out, Ekeler has already missed a month.

Congrats on being some sort of psychic, but you can't just go around basing all your picks on who you think might get injured. Wait until it happens to you then come back and let me know how it's going. The Mike Williams injury was a freak ACL tear, not some nagging thing that he's known for. He was set to have a career year in that offense.

Besides, you can't just plug in some random backup and still expect to win, fantasy football doesn't work like that. How's Jerome Ford working out? Matt Breida? Or how about Joshua Kelley, that really worked out for Ekeler owners. Should I have just picked up KJ Osborn for Jefferson and continued steamrolling everyone?

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

You guys are clueless if you can't figure out it's getting worse every year. Maybe if you actually paid attention or played fantasy football you'd understand.

Guy's been complaining about injuries for a month.

• Agree
Reactions: frackincygy

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

The bigger skill recently has been who can recognize and pick up players who are unexpectedly productive. Last year I drafted K9 late which worked out great. This year, I picked up Kyren Williams, Tyler Boyd and Achane as free agents.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
The bigger skill recently has been who can recognize and pick up players who are unexpectedly productive. Last year I drafted K9 late which worked out great. This year, I picked up Kyren Williams, Tyler Boyd and Achane as free agents.
OK. Another great example of how to build a successful team in spite of injuries.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
I'm sorry, but it's the truth, there might be a a little skill involved, but it's about 70% luck now compared to 30% 10 years ago. Injuries will level tye playing field for those who don't know what they are doing.

I've been in the same league since 2007 with the same 10-12 guys so everyone has alot of experience. 2 years ago the guy who won the league was a computer generated team becuase he had an emergency and couldn't make it to the draft on time.

You say not to draft Chubb, so who should they have taken instead? CMC and Barkley both have extensive injury history, Jacobs and Taylor were both holding out, Ekeler has already missed a month.

Congrats on being some sort of psychic, but you can't just go around basing all your picks on who you think might get injured. Wait until it happens to you then come back and let me know how it's going. The Mike Williams injury was a freak ACL tear, not some nagging thing that he's known for. He was set to have a career year in that offense.

Besides, you can't just plug in some random backup and still expect to win, fantasy football doesn't work like that. How's Jerome Ford working out? Matt Breida? Or how about Joshua Kelley, that really worked out for Ekeler owners. Should I have just picked up KJ Osborn for Jefferson and continued steamrolling everyone?
Weird. I just did exactly that this weekend by sitting Rachaad White in a bad matchup against the Lions and starting Tyjae Spears (who I picked up off waivers this week) against Baltimore.

• Haha
Reactions: NoCreativity

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Guy's been complaining about injuries for a month.
You don't think it's a problem? Yesterday we lost Fields, Montgoemry, CMC, and Jimmy G just off the top of my head.

So we already have Dobbins, Aaron Rodgers, Chubb, Diggs, White, Mike Williams all gone for the year already.

We have Jefferson, Achane, Connor, Dionte Johnson, Cooper Kupp on IR.

And we have Barkely and Ekeler already missing a month. We have Jonathan Taylor miss 4 games. Burrow played on 1 leg for a month.

It's completely out of control. I guess if you like watching a bunch of backups you're probably loving it right now.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Weird. I just did exactly that this weekend by sitting Rachaad White in a bad matchup against the Lions and starting Tyjae Spears (who I picked up off waivers this week) against Baltimore.
Lol, Spears had 7.3ppr points. Cmon man, he's not the reason you won your game.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Burrow, won't matter as looks like I'm going to get smoked in my matchup this week
After everything I said in my last post I ended up going with Burrow too. Lol! Neither one lit the world on fire, but Burrow was definitely the better play.

Reactions: CYdTracked