***2023-24 NHL Season Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Florida scores very late to beat Boston and win the Series.

Florida vs. NY Rangers in the Eastern Conference Final

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Wow McDavid had excellent shot to end the OT game and Dallas goalie made an unreal stick save.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Fun 1st period there between the Oilers & Stars. Tied up at 2.

Oilers almost had 3 if not for this:

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
This thread made me chuckle. Kind of reminds me of how we're chastised if we don't root for a certain former women's bball player.

This post pretty much sums up fandom and how some people in our state cant quite grasp it

I was born in Calgary. Live in Saskatoon now. I’ve cheered for the flames my whole life. 33 years. I’ve always cheered against the oilers. Same time shockingly. Over this time I’ve grown to hate this franchise more than most things in my life. I’m constantly badgered at work for not cheering for “the Canadian team” and I have to make a stand here. To cheer for a team I hate is tough, and to think I’m supposed to bend over and cheer for the oilers when they’re about to win a cup? I think no. This is sports. I don’t need a lecture on why I should support a team. I hate them. I cheer for one team. Fandom is built on passion and it’s not passionate to cheer for a provincial, national, or even league rival that’s not your team. I cheer for the flames only. I prefer if other teams win at times, in the case the panthers, but I’m not cheering for them to win a cup. I’m hoping the oilers lose the cup. Go Flames

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron