2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Are we taking more PWOs than in the past? I don't recall ever hearing so much about so many.

I can see how we might take more PWOs, hoping they pan out, as we possibly lose scholarship level recruits due to NIL. Not saying that's the case, but just wondering why so many this year.

I'm not convinced NIL will really affect us that much. I see CMC as going after the kids that want to develop their skills and their character under a top notch staff. The kids looking for NIL bags of cash were never going to come here anyway even before NIL. Just IMHO.

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Are we taking more PWOs than in the past? I don't recall ever hearing so much about so many.

I can see how we might take more PWOs, hoping they pan out, as we possibly lose scholarship level recruits due to NIL. Not saying that's the case, but just wondering why so many this year.

I'm not convinced NIL will really affect us that much. I see CMC as going after the kids that want to develop their skills and their character under a top notch staff. The kids looking for NIL bags of cash were never going to come here anyway even before NIL. Just IMHO.
Are we doing the Nebby/KState route of the 90’s and developing underrecruited Midwest guys into monsters?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

I've got 13 in 2021 (https://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/threads/2021-football-targets.235779/) and Bjorn is the 13th this year.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Thanks for that, but wasn't 2021 affected by NIL also?
Dug up my 2020 thread and there were 20

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Thanks for that, but wasn't 2021 affected by NIL also?
Only 105 players can be on the roster before school starts...so I would assume they can take up to 20 since 85 scholarship players. PWO from previous years just wait until school starts to join the team, then there is no limit to players on a roster.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Dug up my 2020 thread and there were 20

Ok. 20 PWOs in 2020. Guess I was wrong. For some reason the acquisition of them this year just has seemed more widely discussed. Probably just me.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Ok. 20 PWOs in 2020. Guess I was wrong. For some reason the acquisition of them this year just has seemed more widely discussed. Probably just me.
It's social media, making it's way here. Been covering ISU recruiting since 2016 and it's never been more easy to get all the info just from Twitter.