2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Points vs coaching evaluation: I wonder, really, how much attention coaching staffs pay to the evaluations of non-professional (coaching-wise) writers for recruiting services.

If I weren't lazy, I would look up the number of our 2021 starters who fell below an 86 rating during their senior year. A bunch. And these guys are going to be ranked in the top 10 in the preseason rankings.

A quick look at our current 7 commitments, how many exceed an 86-point ranking (247)? Two.

The Man Mountain we've been looking at the past couple of days, Avery Henry, at the moment has a cumulative 82.04 points (247 composite). The evidence is clear, the evaluations made by our coaches go far deeper than the superficial point beauty rankings of the recruiting services.

Recruiting services are aimed at we dim-witted fans. P5 coaches everywhere are laughing at us.

Who here is going to walk into the ISU football complex, corral a coach or two, and tell them they're failing? Or, that they don't know how to do their job?

Not me, for goll-dang sure. I'll leave that chore to you gurus here who are certain what matters, what counts.