NFL: ***2022 NFL Season Thread***

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Always thought the NFL overtime rule was bogus, but it's especially bogus in the playoffs. How can you allow a coin toss to dictate who gets to advance?

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
NHL has different OT rules for the playoffs than they do the for regular season. NFL should do the same.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't think the game can end on a defensive penalty, so you're just allowing the Chiefs to march down the field 15 yards at a time until they get into FG range.
Defensive holding is five yards. If you do it on the last passing play they would have only had enough time for one play. So they would have been on their 45 to mid field area. With one play.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I wish the OT rules were each team got a possession and it sucks Allen didn’t get to touch the ball. However, neither team can say they didn’t have several chances, and good ones at that, to end this game. These offenses are too good yes, but dang some of the defensive plays and playcalling were so pathetic in the 4th Qtr. Is what it is I guess.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I understand people's gripe with the NFL OT rules, but honestly what system are you going to have that's going to solve that situation? If you had college rules the game may have gone on for hours cause neither D was stopping a damn thing.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I understand people's gripe with the NFL OT rules, but honestly what system are you going to have that's going to solve that situation? If you had college rules the game may have gone on for hours cause neither D was stopping a damn thing.
you're right. sounds diffiucult to come up with more equitable solutions. lets just throw our hands up and not do anything because doing something sounds hard. good grief

• Dumb
Reactions: NorthCyd

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Just require they go for 2 from the start.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
you're right. sound diffiucult to come up with more quitable solutions. lets just throw our hands up and not do anything because doing something sounds hard. good grief
I'm just talking about this game in particular. Don't get your panties in a bunch.

Edit:Apparently your panties are sufficiently bunched.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
They make a good point. That endzone kickoff at the end of regulation by Buffalo might have sealed it by giving Mahomes the extra few seconds he had to have.
Yep. was mistake for sure. Still can't give up that many yards in what 10 seconds?!?

Unreal game but both of those defenses stunk down the stretch.