NFL: ****2021 NFL Off-Season Thread***

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Bad news for the Jags. Etienne lost for the season

I have no specific hatred for the Jags, but I won't lose sleep if Urban Meyer crashes and burns. So many talking heads were ready to crown this guy before he's ever coached an NFL game. Plus, he comes off like a d-bag.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
This is pretty cool drone work from the Hard Knocks show tonight:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That hit on Ravens RB JK Dobbins knee didn't look good. Hopefully it's not as bad as it appeared but if it is that's a big loss for the Ravens. Think he was going to have a big year for them.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Was this in a game?

I don't know what the answer is because you've gotta get reps and injuries can happen any time but there's not much positive light on the preseason games and seems like I only make sure players just don't get injured.

Maybe teams practicing together to get looks but not totally 'live' is the way to go.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Was this in a game?

I don't know what the answer is because you've gotta get reps and injuries can happen any time but there's not much positive light on the preseason games and seems like I only make sure players just don't get injured.

Maybe teams practicing together to get looks but not totally 'live' is the way to go.

The Packers basically don't play any of their starters at all in the preseason. It keeps them healthy, but will they be prepared for the first few games of the season? That will be the question.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The Packers basically don't play any of their starters at all in the preseason. It keeps them healthy, but will they be prepared for the first few games of the season? That will be the question.

I'd imagine for the most part starters can be fine for the games. How many reps/series do starters typically get in a preseason game that would make much difference?

Like, it's not like you often see the starters thrown out there for a hurry up/two minute drill late in a preseason game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

There was quite the talk this weekend on the radio about if Cam got relegated to #2 if he'd ask for this.
I also don't want to cave this post/thread but there was vaccination and leadership concerns about him from former players on Fox radio.