2021 Football Targets

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You are putting way too much emphasis on ratings and offers for almost a year until signing day. Our top 2020 recruit had 0 FBS offers and no rating at this point last year.
If you’d actually bothered to read his post, you’d know that he was specifically referring to how he thought each player looked on tape.

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
You are putting way too much emphasis on ratings and offers for almost a year until signing day. Our top 2020 recruit had 0 FBS offers and no rating at this point last year.
Not really. I'm mostly basing my opinions off of highlight films. Like I said, I trust the staff and think they are doing great, but it would be nice to land a big name recruit in each class. Sometimes there's a reason why kids don't have any big offers. The 4 commits so far have no good offers.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Not really. I'm mostly basing my opinions off of highlight films. Like I said, I trust the staff and think they are doing great, but it would be nice to land a big name recruit in each class. Sometimes there's a reason why kids don't have any big offers. The 4 commits so far have no good offers.

Brock Purdy, David Montgomery, Mike Rose, Breece Hall, Charlie Kolar nand Hakeem Butler were all nobodies when we started heavily recruiting them. Most were 2 stars or unranked.

Charles Wright plays in one of the hardest football schedules in the country on a mediocre team. He’s the best player on the team by far and he makes some impeccable throws for a high schooler.

Tristan Michaud is from Canada. He has a high ceiling being very athletic and 6’6”. He fits a role the coaches want.

Dodge Sauser and Jim Bonifas has some serious weight to put on in order to get a scholarship. They did that. They are very good.

It’s not hard to find the talent at IMG Academy or Bishop Gorman, but good luck in those recruiting battles. The staff doesn’t give a d*** about your rating nor do they care about an offer list. Offer lists don’t reflect if you are wanted or how good you are. For the staff to announce Wright is the priority target before any of their QB targets committed, that means they got who they wanted the most.

The staff recruits plays they believe have the tangibles and intangibles that will translate to exceptional football players. That’s why ISU recruits super tall receivers, they have an advantage before the ball is snapped. If they signed a class of all 2-star players that they wanted, they wouldn’t bat an eye.

Don’t worry about offer lists.

• Winner
Reactions: Snydes

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
4 star TE Jack Pugh is now listed warm to ISU, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State, and he plans to visit Ames this spring.

https://247sports.com/player/jack-pugh-46094249/

The way we use TEs and the fact that Allen, Soehner and probably Kolar will be gone next year, I think ISU would definitely be a school that TEs would give serious consideration to.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
4 star TE Jack Pugh is now listed warm to ISU, Penn State, Wisconsin, Michigan and Ohio State, and he plans to visit Ames this spring.

https://247sports.com/player/jack-pugh-46094249/

The way we use TEs and the fact that Allen, Soehner and probably Kolar will be gone next year, I think ISU would definitely be a school that TEs would give serious consideration to.
That would be an absolute slam dunk from half court if we landed him. Definitely on the outside looking in, but at least we are in the race so to speak

• Agree
Reactions: demoncore1031

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
That would be an absolute slam dunk from half court if we landed him. Definitely on the outside looking in, but at least we are in the race so to speak
He would be and he is listed as one of our two targets according to 247. I don't that we land him, though. A name like "Jack Pugh" just SCREAMS Wisconsin. Haha, in all seriousness, I think he is a heavy lean to Wisconsin.

I really like Max Llewellyn and from all accounts, he really likes ISU. He's a guy that could commit any day and it wouldn't come out of nowhere. Him and Joey Petersen.

Getting a commit or two from this weekend would be huge for the spring cycle. I'm looking at you, Hayden Nelson.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’m in no rush for commitments right now. If we have the season I suspect we may this Fall, we’ll be garnering attention aplenty from very good prospects.

• Agree
Reactions: SouthernCy

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I’m in no rush for commitments right now. If we have the season I suspect we may this Fall, we’ll be garnering attention aplenty from very good prospects.

No reason to feel otherwise, except I can't get past that uneasy feeling about next year's offensive line. We have to hope they are better than last year's line, admittedly with no definite reason to expect that to be true. Our Redshirt Sophomores and Redshirt Freshmen might be as good as we thought when they were recruited. Maybe Hudson or Kleinow or Schweiger finally come on strong. We have fairly well known talent elsewhere all over the field, so the real key to next year is that OL development. So yeah, for now we at least have reason to hope or "suspect" that it could be a breakout year.