2021 College Football Playoff Rankings

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Well they think VERY highly of the Big Ten West (Big Ten in general) and SEC. No shockers there. Oregon at #4 over Cincy is a joke. It may not end up this way BUT at this exact moment in time the Ducks have a GREAT road win at Ohio State. Cincy has a GREAT road win at Notre Dame. What Cincy doesn't have is a very bad loss to Stanford. These guys on these shows always talk about an easy schedule and blah blah blah. Well that may be true, but they handled that "easy" schedule and Oregon LOST to one of their "easy" opponents.

Also then how the heck is Wake Forest in the top-10? Their schedule is embarrassing.

Neither one of Houston or SMU in the top-25 but having SDSU, Iowa, PITT and Wisconsin in there is a joke imo.

I have so many thoughts, and this is all a show and will shake out, but the initial rankings were actually pretty good when it came to rewarding head to head wins. They had a ton of those where teams were rewarded for winning against another team and being ranked in front of them.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Well they think VERY highly of the Big Ten West (Big Ten in general) and SEC. No shockers there. Oregon at #4 over Cincy is a joke. It may not end up this way BUT at this exact moment in time the Ducks have a GREAT road win at Ohio State. Cincy has a GREAT road win at Notre Dame. What Cincy doesn't have is a very bad loss to Stanford. These guys on these shows always talk about an easy schedule and blah blah blah. Well that may be true, but they handled that "easy" schedule and Oregon LOST to one of their "easy" opponents.

Also then how the heck is Wake Forest in the top-10? Their schedule is embarrassing.

Neither one of Houston or SMU in the top-25 but having SDSU, Iowa, PITT and Wisconsin in there is a joke imo.

I have so many thoughts, and this is all a show and will shake out, but the initial rankings were actually pretty good when it came to rewarding head to head wins. They had a ton of those where teams were rewarded for winning against another team and being ranked in front of them.

Almost all of that overrating down the list is to justify their picks near the top. We see this year after year. It's rarely an honest list.

Gotta justify Alabama and Ohio state getting in even with losses

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Almost all of that overrating down the list is to justify their picks near the top. We see this year after year. It's rarely an honest list.

Gotta justify Alabama and Ohio state getting in even with losses
Bingo. It's the same thing on repeat, and then the talking heads go against their own points they made about one team when talking about another. I rather enjoyed their Iowa and Wisconsin talk. It was questioned why Iowa was in there and whether Wisconsin should be in there. They chalked it up to well Iowa is just in and therefore since Wisconsin just beat them there's no way you can leave them out.

To play Devil's advocate to that (and I am NOT saying we should be in because we shouldn't), but we are also 5-3 with a very recent win against their #11 team (that team's only loss btw). How is that any different than Wisconsin or Mississippi State (also 5-3 yet ranked #17 for crying out loud)?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
ESPN will have to walk into the lion's den on Saturday. Lots of angry bearcats, I would assume :) Oklahoma and Cincinnati both got jobbed. Oregon and Michigan should not be ahead of Oklahoma, no matter how unimpressive some of Oklahoma's wins have been. But they HAVE won.
Michigan is a non factor still having tOSU on the schedule.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
We soon will be in a conference that will never have any hope of sending anyone to the playoff. That’s going to be a fun selling point for recruits.

Reactions: agentbear

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I disagreed because I think Oregon is better than Cinci. Yeah Oregon has a loss but it was due to a very bad officiating at the end of the game.
They lost to a 3-5 Stanford team. They have zero business being #4. I’d maybe understand if they played a tough schedule, but they haven’t.

• Agree
Reactions: agentbear