MLB: 2020 Chicago Cubs Season Thread

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Hendricks fastball averages 86 mph which puts him near the bottom of the league. And he is still basically unhittable, leaving opposing batters looking pretty uncomfortable at the plate. It's really something to watch.

His sinker hits mid/upper 80's. Lots of dink grounders with that pitch. Mix in a 79mph change . Yeah, he'd be frustrating to hit off of.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
My favorite thing about Hendricks is knowing that guys are practicing hitting 95 mph since they were in college and then run into Hendricks, who will throw a 76 mph changeup, 74 mph curve, and then throw a fastball at the letters at 86 mph and the hitter is way behind it.

And that 86 mph fastball is one of those 2 seamers that move so much, left to right, it almost looks like a screwball. That was Maddux go to/put away pitch. Hendricks’ 2 seamer seems to get better every season.

With that change up, and now that he is developing a decent curve, the 2 seamer is just unfair, especially when he’s locating like he was last night.

Reactions: CYdTracked

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Glad sports are back. Hope it can stick. I didn't think I was missing it that much, but I was riveted to the TV last night just because of how normal watching the Cubs on TV felt.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Ekw4ND.gif

cubs bullpen

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Nothing alarming from Darvish, but not a great outing. I'm more disappointed the offense couldn't take advantage of a pretty bad performance by Burnes.

It's more of the same as last year. Can't hit worth ****. If they don't hit 5 home runs a game, they don't score.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Not going to get too worked up about today - I'd rather our bullpen prove how worthless they are now instead of waiting until September.

My only issue - we knew we had a mental midget on the mound for us. Why are Baez and Contreras making the game about themselves on those inside pitches and starting ****? And then back it up by doing nothing productive after the 3rd inning scuffle while the Brewers **** in their mouths?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron