2019 Basketball Targets

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Basically agree, but I think you are wrong about Lard. He is already a very good player and will get better. However, I doubt he is NBA material. If you watch much NBA, those guys are freak athletes. I do not see a position for him in the NBA. He is not very big or athletic by NBA standards. At his size and frame he would need to play on the perimeter. I am prepared for a bunch of disagrees on this post, but look at the guys from ISU that never really made it - Fizer and Brackens most notably. A very, very elite club. I do not see it in his future.

Lard is a legit 6’9” with elite shot blocking instincts, excellent mobility, and very nice body control. Not saying he’ll be drafted but he’s going to be getting looks (draft camps, summer league)...easily G-League worthy. What games have you been watching this year?

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Lard is a legit 6’9” with elite shot blocking instincts, excellent mobility, and very nice body control. Not saying he’ll be drafted but he’s going to be getting looks (draft camps, summer league)...easily G-League worthy. What games have you been watching this year?
All of them. I said he is already good and will get better. The post I was replying too suggested he would be gone after two years. I hope you are right, but I stand by my comment. Many people do not realize what it takes to play in the NBA. The worlds best players are in the league. I would guess he will make decent money somewhere overseas if he stays at ISU 4 years. For himTo even consider leaving early would be a huge mistake - imho. Do I think summer league might be possible - yes. NBA roster - unlikely in my opinion.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
All of them. I said he is already good and will get better. The post I was replying too suggested he would be gone after two years. I hope you are right, but I stand by my comment. Many people do not realize what it takes to play in the NBA. The worlds best players are in the league. I would guess he will make decent money somewhere overseas if he stays at ISU 4 years.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Basically agree, but I think you are wrong about Lard. He is already a very good player and will get better. However, I doubt he is NBA material. If you watch much NBA, those guys are freak athletes. I do not see a position for him in the NBA. He is not very big or athletic by NBA standards. At his size and frame he would need to play on the perimeter. I am prepared for a bunch of disagrees on this post, but look at the guys from ISU that never really made it - Fizer and Brackens most notably. A very, very elite club. I do not see it in his future.
I agree that Lard needs to stretch his skills if he wants to play in the NBA, and that he's at least a three year player, probably four.

Fizer was a lottery pick that injuries derailed, and didn't Brackins battle the injury bug in his time stateside too? I think both were NBA players if healthy.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Surprised we are not hearing a lot of Chicago names after the year we had recruiting over in Illinois in 18. I’m guessing Robinson is working some guys we don’t know about yet.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
PG DJ Carton from Bettendorf on ISU:

“They came to a couple games this season and a couple open gyms this season and wanted me to come visit, but I just couldn’t make it work. I’m probably going to go there soon. They are getting better and better as the season goes on. I’m looking forward to meeting the whole coaching staff and the team.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/four-star-d-j-carton-recaps-recent-visits

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Surprised we are not hearing a lot of Chicago names after the year we had recruiting over in Illinois in 18. I’m guessing Robinson is working some guys we don’t know about yet.

A couple posters mentioned next year's class is down compared to the 18 class.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

Noticed that THT's teammate, Kejaun Clements, has been opening some eyes. Have no idea how good he is or if he's just come on lately as a junior. Anyone seen him play by any chance? Or if he has offers?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Noticed that THT's teammate, Kejaun Clements, has been opening some eyes. Have no idea how good he is or if he's just come on lately as a junior. Anyone seen him play by any chance? Or if he has offers?
He’s gotten a lot better.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Watching the Big 10 Championship right now, and I'll admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to Michigan this year, but where does Belein find these stretch 4's/5's? Moritz Wagner and Jon Teske just tearing Purdue's Haas apart. Hope Prohm can find us a Wagner here or a Teske there. Would take a ton of pressure off Lard

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Watching the Big 10 Championship right now, and I'll admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to Michigan this year, but where does Belein find these stretch 4's/5's? Moritz Wagner and Jon Teske just tearing Purdue's Haas apart. Hope Prohm can find us a Wagner here or a Teske there. Would take a ton of pressure off Lard

Conditt could potentially be that once he gets stronger. He has some handling skills and outside shooting from what I've seen.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Off topic but speaking of Michigan am I crazy or was Zavier Simpson’s name spelled with an X when we were recruiting him?

• Agree
Reactions: isu83 and sadam

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Watching the Big 10 Championship right now, and I'll admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention to Michigan this year, but where does Belein find these stretch 4's/5's? Moritz Wagner and Jon Teske are just tearing Purdue's a*s apart. Hope Prohm can find us a Wagner here or a Teske there. Would take a ton of pressure off Lard
FIFY