MLB: 2018 Minnesota Twins Thread

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Twins up 8-4 in the 5th on the Astros. A win today would be a series win against one of the best teams in the league. Lots of games in a season, but that's a nice little resume bump for morale.

Also, Mauer hitting .414 right now. Obviously that will drop, but that's huge if we could get the Mauer of old this season.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Twins up 8-4 in the 5th on the Astros. A win today would be a series win against one of the best teams in the league. Lots of games in a season, but that's a nice little resume bump for morale.

Also, Mauer hitting .414 right now. Obviously that will drop, but that's huge if we could get the Mauer of old this season.
He's never gonna be the Joe Mauer we all want him to be again, but he looks to be in great form and even a large fraction of the input of his best year is a huge bump for this club.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
He's never gonna be the Joe Mauer we all want him to be again, but he looks to be in great form and even a large fraction of the input of his best year is a huge bump for this club.

when he left the catcher spot he lost his touch. he's still a great player but not seeing the pitches on the defensive side affected his eye at the plate.

Reactions: srjclone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
when he left the catcher spot he lost his touch. he's still a great player but not seeing the pitches on the defensive side affected his eye at the plate.

If he can hang around hitting 300 and play a lot of games at 1st when not being a DH, I'll sign up for that. Also, he's probably not bad to have around for the younger guys.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Nice walkoff by Max!!!
EntireAromaticHylaeosaurus-max-1mb.gif

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Joe gets his 2000th hit and Berrios throws eight shutout inning gem in a nice win against the Sox tonight.
I was a little surpised to hear Steve Stone say he thought Berrios has a shot at the Cy Young this year.

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Congrats to Joe on career hit 2,000! One of the most unfairly scrutinized players of all time. Truly one of the best to ever play catcher at his peak.

I was having a discussion with my buddy the other day about Joe’s Hall of Fame candidacy. I think if he can get to 2,500 hits he’s got a good shot. He’s only 34, hit well last year and is raking this year so far, so I don’t think that’s unrealistic. His peak was one of the best stretches ever for a catcher.

Last edited: