2018 Iowa High School Football Playoffs Thread

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
It's too bad you have to have NBC Sports Chicago on mediacom to watch the streams of these games. Mediacom doesn't offer NBCS Chicago.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Hudson beats West Hancock 35-28 in 1st Class A Semi

Very well could have been the championship game. WH fumbles on 3 yard line with a couple minutes left while coverting a 4th and 1 from the 5. They had went for two the whole day so it would have came down to a two point conversion for the win.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's too bad you have to have NBC Sports Chicago on mediacom to watch the streams of these games. Mediacom doesn't offer NBCS Chicago.

Mediacom does offer NBC Sports Chicago. If you're a Mediacom customer in Iowa, you either get NBC Sports Chicago or you get Fox Sports Midwest. I have no idea how it's determined which customers get which, might be eastern Iowa gets NBC and central/west Iowa gets Fox. Either way, if you get Fox Sports Midwest you cannot get NBC Sports Chicago. So this is a clusterfuck with Mediacom and IHSAA selling its soul to Comcast Chicago. If I still lived in Chicago River North I could watch Iowa playoff games, but living in Des Moines area I can't.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Mediacom does offer NBC Sports Chicago. If you're a Mediacom customer in Iowa, you either get NBC Sports Chicago or you get Fox Sports Midwest. I have no idea how it's determined which customers get which, might be eastern Iowa gets NBC and central/west Iowa gets Fox. Either way, if you get Fox Sports Midwest you cannot get NBC Sports Chicago. So this is a clusterfuck with Mediacom and IHSAA selling its soul to Comcast Chicago. If I still lived in Chicago River North I could watch Iowa playoff games, but living in Des Moines area I can't.
Yep, it is stupid. I live in the DSM metro and we get Fox Sports Midwest.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Sad part is they sold it for like 40-50k a year.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
It does suck. I discovered I can watch it on hulu with the live tv add on though. One could get a free trial I think of hulu with the add on to see the games. Hulu free trial is a month I think but the add on is just a week.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Cedar Falls beats SEP 26-12. Will play Dowling in 4A Final.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
West Sioux & Dike-New Hartford won today and they will meet in the 2A Final.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Only watched one day, but from Friday’s Games; the officiating was quite a bit poorer than usual. I paid closer attention to A than 4A. Seemed like I was watching state basketball, refs swallowed their whistles to avoid what they consider changing the outcome, when by calling things differently, they are possibly changing outcomes.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Only watched one day, but from Friday’s Games; the officiating was quite a bit poorer than usual. I paid closer attention to A than 4A. Seemed like I was watching state basketball, refs swallowed their whistles to avoid what they consider changing the outcome, when by calling things differently, they are possibly changing outcomes.

It was terrible. Bettendorf got ****** multiple times.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
8-Man Final:

New London 55
Rockford 6

Class A Final with 8 minutes to play:

Hudson 30
AHSTW 0