2013-2014 Mens Basketball Poster

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I'm very glad that Melvin is front and center. He deserves it 100%.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm disappointed that somebody on here hasn't created a version with Rashad Vaughn on it yet.

SLACKERS!

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
A small change that would add to the awesomeness of this poster would be Hoiberg's banner in the rafters clearly showing with a spotlight.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
A guy I work with is friends with the person who designed both it and the women's basketball poster. He had both of them up on the walls of his office when I came in this morning. Pretty sweet. Apparently the opponents in the black uniforms are Cyclone players as well, but it's hard to tell who is who. (other than Jackson)

Honest question: do they generally make these in advance or shortly before they are released? If they generally do it far in advance, did they have to redo it to take out Bubu?

Cyke

Jun 22, 2011
Des Moines, IA
If we continue the theme of the black jerseys being newcomers with Jackson, Thomas, Nader(55), then 0 looks like Morris or Hogue.

I do like it but I have one minor complaint. The photoshop job on 0 isn't up to par with the others. For photo collage jobs like these, pictures are taken of players individually. Most likely were taken at the practice facility. Then they shoot the scene at Hilton and photoshop them all in. 0's feet are too small in relation to the circle and the floor around him...meaning the angle of the original photo didn't match up with the angle of we're he's standing on the poster.

Other than that, I like it.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
How do we expect to compete when we only put 4 players on the floor? Smh..

In all seriousness, LOVE the poster!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
How do we expect to compete when we only put 4 players on the floor? Smh..

In all seriousness, LOVE the poster!

maybe they left off a 5th player so if they have a recruit visiting, they can photoshop them into the picture and give them a copy. That sounds hokey, but I know schools do stuff like that for recruits.

deanvogs

Oct 25, 2009
1. The black jerseys are ours from last year and two years ago.
2. The last person to wear 0 for ISU was Jordan Railey...two years ago.

That's your crackpot conspiracy for the day.

No conspiracy....just a joke.

Isu23fan

Sep 1, 2012
Sioux City, Iowa
If we continue the theme of the black jerseys being newcomers with Jackson, Thomas, Nader(55), then 0 looks like Morris or Hogue.

I do like it but I have one minor complaint. The photoshop job on 0 isn't up to par with the others. For photo collage jobs like these, pictures are taken of players individually. Most likely were taken at the practice facility. Then they shoot the scene at Hilton and photoshop them all in. 0's feet are too small in relation to the circle and the floor around him...meaning the angle of the original photo didn't match up with the angle of we're he's standing on the poster.

Other than that, I like it.

Have you ever seen Hogue or Morris? lol, they look nothing like that at all. (0) Nader (6) Jackson (55) looks like Naz and (13) Matt or Ellerman

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
maybe they left off a 5th player so if they have a recruit visiting, they can photoshop them into the picture and give them a copy. That sounds hokey, but I know schools do stuff like that for recruits.

The football program sends out custom Wheaties boxes so this idea is actually possible.

Nuts4Cy

Mar 21, 2006
Honest question: do they generally make these in advance or shortly before they are released? If they generally do it far in advance, did they have to redo it to take out Bubu?

They redid it and photo copied Kane's face over Bubu's :twitcy:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron