Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
1-loss Ohio State is rated 5 slots better than the team that destroyed them in their home, 1-loss Oklahoma. In fact, if you take their poll positions from before the game occurred and compare it to the latest poll, Oklahoma's beating of Ohio State improved Oklahoma's position by 2 slots and Ohio State's position by 4.

Also, 1-loss Oklahoma is rated 2 slots higher than 1-loss TCU, who, incidentally fell 6 slots this week to end up in that position, despite them having their only loss be to the same team.

Because media polls are the best we can do.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The AP poll is beyond dumb. Maybe not coaches poll-level dumb, but close. Sadly, and this is very sad, but the Big 12's only hope of an unbiased ranking is the playoff committee.

I'm expecting a similar ranking on Tuesday for the Cyclones, which is insane on Oct. 31.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
It's great what is happening in Ames right now. ISU deserves the ranking and the kudos. Pollard might just want to hand over the checkbook to Campbell right now and end any speculation.

It's amazing how much national bias there is towards the Little 10. PSU and OSU are very good. MSU and Mich are the next level down. Wisky (2017 fake ID of college football) really can't be quantified right now due to the Hoks schedule of 2 years ago. Yet everyone at ESPN sees the conference as world beaters. We will find out how good Bucky is (like the 2015 Hoks) come Little 10 title game and subsequent bowl. We all know how well that worked out for the TOE. The rest of the Little 10 is mediorce to bad, and I'm being generous. The Little 10 West is embarassing.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
1-loss Ohio State is rated 5 slots better than the team that destroyed them in their home, 1-loss Oklahoma. In fact, if you take their poll positions from before the game occurred and compare it to the latest poll, Oklahoma's beating of Ohio State improved Oklahoma's position by 2 slots and Ohio State's position by 4.

Also, 1-loss Oklahoma is rated 2 slots higher than 1-loss TCU, who, incidentally fell 6 slots this week to end up in that position, despite them having their only loss be to the same team.

Because media polls are the best we can do.

I get your point, but take the names out of it and it’s better for Ohio State to lose to a then top 5 team than it was for Oklahoma to lose to a then unranked 2-2 team coming off a loss to an average Texas team.

• Agree
Reactions: GT25Ump

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
True, but she had WVU at #21 last week, and she has us there this week and I'm guessing she wanted to leave WVU at #21.

Which would be one of three people to rank them and has them the highest. Not sure what she is doing.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Boom! Pollsters certainly reward high vis top 5 wins! Will be quite the scene in Morgantown this Saturday...the couches will be prepped and ready for a burning...let's make it a pity party torching.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
how is Wisconsin number 4? Heck Notre Dame has a way better resume than Wisconsin. The Big 10 west makes me puke. That division isn't very strong and states programs around us can make it appear they are better than they are by having their schedule break a certain way. We have seen this the last 3 years in a row with Iowa, Minnesota and now Wisconsin. Heck even in the east, there is 3 winnable games with Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana.