#1 We Boo For Fun vs #18 Devils of Sun

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Does any team complain more about refs than KU?
If the terrible calls down the stretch were made in favor of KU then every news media outlet is talling about how the scrappy underdog got screwed by the refs and an apogy letter is sent out.

Since the screwing by the refs was done in favor of the scrappy underdog, there will be no mention of any of the horrible calls. One of the few downsides of being one of the big name teams.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If the terrible calls down the stretch were made in favor of KU then every news media outlet is talling about how the scrappy underdog got screwed by the refs and an apogy letter is sent out.

Since the screwing by the refs was done in favor of the scrappy underdog, there will be no mention of any of the horrible calls. One of the few downsides of being one of the big name teams.

So it was meaningless to you.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
So it was meaningless to you.
I talk over here all the time about how sometimes KU is on the receiving end of these and people act like I am making it up so I chose to point it out after a specific incident that was obvious. Even ISU posters were pointing out that ASU was getting the calls as the game progressed.

And it's a Lose-Lose for KU. If Self mentions it then he is "an ungrateful loser" while if a little team coach who whines about getting hosed is "passionately fighting for his team".

No one wants to hear about a big team getting screwed because they feel like they deserve it more. Be honest.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyArob

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I talk over here all the time about how sometimes KU is on the receiving end of these and people act like I am making it up so I chose to point it out after a specific incident that was obvious. Even ISU posters were pointing out that ASU was getting the calls as the game progressed.

And it's a Lose-Lose for KU. If Self mentions it then he is "an ungrateful loser" while if a little team coach who whines about getting hosed is "passionately fighting for his team".

No one wants to hear about a big team getting screwed because they feel like they deserve it more. Be honest.

I didn't watch it and really don't care.

But if you claimed to begin with that it was a meaningless game and then continue to come over to ISU's board, that's weird.

• Agree
Reactions: CTTB78 and aauummm

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I didn't watch it and really don't care.

But if you claimed to begin with that it was a meaningless game and then continue to come over to ISU's board, that's weird.
We can have meaningful conversations about meaningless events. Such is the nature of life.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
May or may not be in the minority here but I love it when KU loses any game. Their fans dont know what a bad season feels like so having them melt down over a loss once in awhile is good for them. Especially when they feel the refs screwed them because that's how so many other fans have felt over the years when those calls went KU's way in a close win. I know they are Big 12 but I still love it when they lose, probably even more than I do when Iowa and Nebraska lose. I hope I get to see a year when they miss the tournament because the fan meltdown would be epic but unfortunately if you look at their history the best chance of that happening would be a year they had sanctions in place for something and they'd still probably win 20+ games anyways

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
You got an hour for me to list all the reasons? Sometimes KU gets the calls. ASU got the calls tonight to put it mildly. Some really bad ones out there as well. Oh well, KU had a chance to win the game and failed to execute down the stretch.

Holiday break until next Saturday then right back at it. No biggie. So it goes.

If you are crying about that over and back call, the KU guy fouled him then kicked the ball out of bounds anyways.

There were only 3 outcomes for you on that play and none of them would have went in your favor.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
May or may not be in the minority here but I love it when KU loses any game. Their fans dont know what a bad season feels like so having them melt down over a loss once in awhile is good for them. Especially when they feel the refs screwed them because that's how so many other fans have felt over the years when those calls went KU's way in a close win. I know they are Big 12 but I still love it when they lose, probably even more than I do when Iowa and Nebraska lose. I hope I get to see a year when they miss the tournament because the fan meltdown would be epic but unfortunately if you look at their history the best chance of that happening would be a year they had sanctions in place for something and they'd still probably win 20+ games anyways

I didn't do CF then and still don't check other teams' forums but I'd love to see their threads after the kid from UNI hit that 3 on the fast break, haha.

• Winner
Reactions: CYdTracked

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

No problem being honest. I hope KU, and all of pay for cash teams, get screwed by the refs every game they play. I also would like to see the play by play guys talk about the Adidas scandal every time one the boat loads of cash crap schools play on their network.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It's like the NCAA's. Those AFH refs just don't travel very well. :rolleyes:
That was a poorly officiated game. Period. It was inconsistent and erratic with touch fouls called and obvious fouls ignored. That isnt how an ncaa game is typically called.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
It's funny hearing KU fans react to officiating outside of the Phog. It's weird getting treated like a normal team when you're used to getting spoiled.
I normally have no problem with refs, home or away. I just hate inconsistent officiating, home or away. Don't call ticky tack calls and them ignore guys getting knocked over. Players and coaches can't figure out how to play.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone