“Prey” predator movie

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Anybody watch? Seems consensus to be best predator since original…or only good one since original.

Want to watch but loath subscribing/unsubscribing from Hulu. So weird they didn’t release in theater.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Anybody watch? Seems consensus to be best predator since original…or only good one since original.

Want to watch but loath subscribing/unsubscribing from Hulu. So weird they didn’t release in theater.

Watched it last night, solid predator movie, which probably does put it at #2. A distant 2 but I’d recommend it.

Curious if anyone who watches it has thoughts on how they handled the native american piece of it. Was jarring to me at first but I ended up fine with it, and probably preferred it to a more traditional take.

Last edited:
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Watched it last night, solid predator movie, which probably does put it at #2. A distant 2 but I’d recommend it.

Curious if anyone who watches it has thoughts on how they handled the native american piece of it. Was jarring to me at first but I ended up fine with it, and probably preferred it to a more traditional take.

The trailer made me curious about dogs and native Americans.

Seems they did have domesticated dogs for many centuries but nearly all the breeds have been lost. One of the very few surviving breeds “Carolina dog” does seem to match dog in movie,

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've been watching clips. Definitely more details than the last few.

The comments in the YT clips opened my eyes to the Predator fanbase. I didn't know it has such a following.

Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I've been watching clips. Definitely more details than the last few.

The comments in the YT clips opened my eyes to the Predator fanbase. I didn't know it has such a following.

I think there is a lot of nostalgia for alien/s and predator, some for predator 2.

I thought Prometheus and Covenant were good in their own way (some hate them) so that’s 5 or 6 of them I really like, hoping this adds one.

The original predator is such a ridiculously tight action movie, tough to live up to and still be creative.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I think there is a lot of nostalgia for alien/s and predator, some for predator 2.

I thought Prometheus and Covenant were good in their own way (some hate them) so that’s 5 or 6 of them I really like, hoping this adds one.

The original predator is such a ridiculously tight action movie, tough to live up to and still be creative.

The original is an all timer for me. I watched it in the last few years again and forgot just how much of a straight forward, great, Vietnam movie it is for a long time before it transitions into a monster movie and never misses a beat.

Reactions: Proton

cyclone1975

Feb 4, 2007
Ankeny
I really enjoyed it. It was a fresh angle. It also seems to be auditioning to be the movie of the year for Fangoria magazine. Lots of blood and guts and dismemberments.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The original is an all timer for me. I watched it in the last few years again and forgot just how much of a straight forward, great, Vietnam movie it is for a long time before it transitions into a monster movie and never misses a beat.
Not sure if you meant an actual Vietnam movie or one Ali g the lines of the Vietnam movies of the era. Because the setting was Guatemala on a fake rescue mission.

Either way, it’s a great action/horror movie. I’ve seen it so much it’s hard for me me to judge it, but it was a great premise and a great combo of action and suspense.

I only saw the second one but don’t really remember it. Had zero interest to see the others but this one is actually an interesting premise and looks interesting.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Easily 2nd best predator movie, it was incredibly well done. Also everyone should take note in Hollywood on how to have a properly casted movie with a strong female lead, it was perfect.
Trailers can be deceiving, but she looks pretty awesome as an action lead. Ripley is an all-timer, and Charlize Theron in Mad Max is one of my favorite action characters period. A lot of times it seems pretty forced.

• Agree
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis

Man we really wanted to like it. It's not that good. I'm glad we didn't pay to see it in the theater. It's not horrible. It's worth a watch if you can or need a B-movie action type thing. But I won't tell anyone it's a must watch.

Reactions: weeterkane

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Easily 2nd best predator movie, it was incredibly well done. Also everyone should take note in Hollywood on how to have a properly casted movie with a strong female lead, it was perfect.
This! Movies have pretty much been garbage for the last 20 years so seeing something good was refreshing. I have met the main character (Amber Midthunder) a couple of times. She is really nice and a damn good actor.

• Agree
Reactions: Cfinnerty16

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

There's folks that have names for each predator from every movie, their history, etc.

I didn't mind Predators although it was drenched in cliches from the previous movies. Also just about every line for Adrian Brody is a generic 'if it bleeds, we can kill it' thing which after a while is just kind of B-movie funny.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
My biggest gripe: watching a 110lb girl physically match a 700lb predator. Hard to believe when Arnold & Danny Glover were thrown around like rag dolls. It ruins the movie for me which is a shame because I love the premise. They could take this franchise throughout world history. Great Wall of China, Egyptian Pharoahs, etc.

I'm not woman hating. I'm a huge fan of characters like Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, and Furiosa- but even they had their physical limits.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Don't go trashing AVP: Requiem. It was a forgotten gem.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycho1

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
My biggest gripe: watching a 110lb girl physically match a 700lb predator. Hard to believe when Arnold & Danny Glover were thrown around like rag dolls. It ruins the movie for me which is a shame because I love the premise. They could take this franchise throughout world history. Great Wall of China, Egyptian Pharoahs, etc.

I'm not woman hating. I'm a huge fan of characters like Ellen Ripley, Sarah Connor, and Furiosa- but even they had their physical limits.
I suppose you could say she has more speed and outsmarted him. It’s not like they were wrestling so as long as she kept her distance to a point she could make it work. He underestimated her. Didn’t see she was a threat until it was in his face. I get that in reality it probably would never work but in their movie world it can.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I suppose you could say she has more speed and outsmarted him. It’s not like they were wrestling so as long as she kept her distance to a point she could make it work. He underestimated her. Didn’t see she was a threat until it was in his face. I get that in reality it probably would never work but in their movie world it can.

Curious in terms of a hunting/fishing trophy if there are some species where the female is an equal or greater trophy? (Very ignorant on hunting/fishing other than deer hunting) My female dog is freakishly fast and crazy leaper/long jumper, easily faster than male dogs of similar breeds and runs next to whippets. She’d definitely be harder to catch or target than most.

After all, they come here for a trophy.

Reactions: bos

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

I have not watched it, but I have a friend who is full blooded native american. She is extremely sensitive to any depictions of native american culture in movies/tv. She was VERY excited about it. So, they must have done a good job sticking to real depictions.

Help Support Us

Become a patron