Hot Ones: Conan O'Brien

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Or maybe its just not for you.

The idea that any of them aren't trying to be entertaining\humorous is wild.
I used to love SNL if that makes you feel any better. Obviously you’ll just ‘dumb’ this. And that’s fine.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I used to love SNL if that makes you feel any better.

SNL is still solid.

People just always remember the gold from their younger years and forget that its pretty much always been a great sketch or two, a couple good ones, a couple meh ones and a couple duds every night. Everything but the great ones gets lost to history and people remember those forever.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I nearly started a thread on this. I watched it Friday. He is the king. That doctor bit and without context just shoving them in his pockets?? Amazing.
To me, the best part is the end, where he's clearly in pain, face a mess, basically shouting, and he's still giving some really insightful thoughts on comedy and where to find humor. It's kind of incredible.

Also when he said "I'm erect for the first time in 15 years. CALL THE WIFE!"

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Conan has been funny for decades, so this episode was fun for me since I dont see him in anything anymore. I wish he was in Fallon’s spot. Fallon is painfully unfunny to me outside of his games.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Conan has been funny for decades, so this episode was fun for me since I dont see him in anything anymore. I wish he was in Fallon’s spot. Fallon is painfully unfunny to me outside of his games.
Go watch the first episode of Murderville on Netflix. Conan is the guest star. It's really funny

cyzygy11

Oct 27, 2007
Hinton, IA
I'm glad other people enjoyed this episode as much as I did....I laughed out loud.....committing to the bit is a lost art....thank you for posting this.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I've watched many episodes of this show and that's probably the best. From the putting in pockets to literally drinking the sauces out of the bottle was wild.

And while he showed it at the end of being in pain I didn't see a struggle in his face throughout most of it.

And many I've watched do this struggle to focus / answer the question midway through he was giving insightful answers without any struggle.

After the Da Bomb one where he finally says something like finally feeling something had me laughing. If I did these I'd probably be one of the few that doesn't finish all the wings. I have no spicy palate whatsoever.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron