Iowa State Transfer/Recruiting Class 2024

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I would say no because Seether wasn't a bad band. Fine Again, Cigarettes, Remedy, Fake It are all decent songs. When most people think of worst 00's bands I doubt more than a handful of people would say Seether. I remember donating plasma in college and Remedy came on and the phlebotomist taking my plasma and I were singing along to the song and a few other people joined in.
Ok, well we are both entitled to our opinions. I actually have that album from 2002 or 2003 with Fine Again. It's decent for that time period but just doesn't hold up imo.

There's not much substance to their music is my main complaint, same as Limp Bizkit and about 30 other bands from that period.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Ok, well we are both entitled to our opinions. I actually have that album from 2002 or 2003 with Fine Again. It's decent for that time period but just doesn't hold up imo.

There's not much substance to their music is my main complaint, same as Limp Bizkit and about 30 other bands from that period.
Fair enough. Agree to disagree. The 00’s were a mid era of music. 90’s were much better for music.

Hubbs4cy

Oct 10, 2023

Hard to argue with the logic. I've heard the term "arena butt rock" for the bands of that time period. Every song sounds the same but man could they fill up a random small arena across the Midwest. For me I wouldn't call them the worst because there is way too much nostalgia for me but I can't argue that it was good.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Seether had some good stuff. The 2000’s had Limp Bizkit and you want to say Seether is one of the worst? Come on, man.

I take offense to this, good sir!

Wes Borland had some great riffs and the band were actually pretty good musicians. Were their lyrics cheesy? Yeah. But listen to some recent interviews with Fred Durst and he admits that.

People love to bag on them, but as a kid who grew up on early MTV pop and was an '80s metal head, they weren't any worse than that music...and I loved all of it. :)

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA

Wes Borland had some great riffs and the band were actually pretty good musicians. Were their lyrics cheesy? Yeah. But listen to some recent interviews with Fred Durst and he admits that.

People love to bag on them, but as a kid who grew up on early MTV pop and was an '80s metal head, they weren't any worse than that music...and I loved all of it. :)
Wes Borland was very talented. Too bad Fred Durst has one of the most punchable faces in the US.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
Hard to argue with the logic. I've heard the term "arena butt rock" for the bands of that time period. Every song sounds the same but man could they fill up a random small arena across the Midwest. For me I wouldn't call them the worst because there is way too much nostalgia for me but I can't argue that it was good.
The term I’ve heard is “sweaty butt rock”.

Reactions: Hubbs4cy

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010

Sounds like he might be getting close to announcing. Seems like it might the good guys but like they say it's not over until it's over.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

Sam and Wes are both amazing musicians.

• Disagree
Reactions: demoncore1031

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Sounds like he might be getting close to announcing. Seems like it might the good guys but like they say it's not over until it's over.

I remember when Hunter transferred within the Big 12 I thought these free agents bouncing around in the same conference would be rare, I was so young and naive in those days.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I know Chris Williams mentioned in his latest Williams and Blum podcast that there may be another person enter the portal soon that has ISU connections. Would that happen to be the Ballo from Arizona that just entered the portal? Would be a great get.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Can't speak for what CW and Blum were referring to but I think they were referring to the kid they just landed. Ballo is going to probably blue blood or high dollar bidder.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad and Ankency

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
Can't speak for what CW and Blum were referring to but I think they were referring to the kid they just landed. Ballo is going to probably blue blood or high dollar bidder.
I was thinking the podcast was after we already got the guy from Seattle, but could be mixing it up.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
I was thinking the podcast was after we already got the guy from Seattle, but could be mixing it up.
Yeah I think that he was referring to the Seattle guy that just committed. Really quick recruitment once he hit the portal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron