***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Does his game translate to the NBA? If not he is gonna get a big paycheck from NIL. I’ll go buy a few extra pizzas and beer from the we will collective if that helps. Twist my arm
I don’t see how a 6’8” non-shooting post player translates at all. What am I missing?

Reactions: Drew0311

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Cannot match that.
I was 20 (below drinking age) but I used to drink at the Peanut Tree in Ames. One night they asked me if I could work checking ID’s.
I asked what it paid and they said all you can eat and drink. I worked all summer. Nobody ever asked how old I was.

Tell them the story about Chris Taylor, if you're willing. You two were like Biden's comment, building from the bottom up and the middle out. You were the first, Chris was the second.

I apologize if I've crossed a line.

Aug 20, 2012
He is 6-8, and he wasn't thin, but strong as hell. (Sorry, YD, is this OK?)

Looked online but still don't have a clue who is Perry Ellis.
He was a Ted Owens recruit, but played his freshman year on Larry Brown’s first squad.

Battled Niang to a draw but got the win in Phog-Allen in what was their final college seasons.

Also, seemingly a good kid with a good sense of humor about all the jokes. He said this to the crowd at that game:

“People say I've been here forever, and they're right. I got to play with Wilt Chamberlain and Danny Manning," Ellis joked. "Since I supposedly have unlimited eligibility, why don't I come back next year?"

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
As is typical for this staff, they've identified and targeted an initial priority list of transfer. Those are the ones we've set up calls or visits with. TJ doesn't miss on many of these.

Jackson and Heise are committed now.

The other two names that have set up visits or calls are:
J'Vonne Hadley from Colorado - is supposed to have a zoom call with TJ this week; was also meeting with Michigan State
William Kyle from SDSU - in-home visit scheduled this week; main competition is said to be Nebraska

If we get those two, they'll probably be done (maybe?) - they fill two needed roles.

Hadley is a 3/4 hybrid, similar in size to Watson with a much better offensive game, especially around the rim / post ups / etc

Kyle is a 4/5 hybrid, a slightly more skilled Hason Ward - maybe slightly less athletic maybe, but with a bit more range / handle on offense. He fully looked the part in matching up with Ward in the tourney game.

If we miss on either of those, I'd expect us to target different players at the '4'.
I watched the SDSU game again just to focus on Kyle. Great hops, runs the floor well, slightly shorter than Ward. Surprised by how good of a passer he is. Plays hard so should fit in easily. His FT form is horrible but he hits 58%. Averaged 13 pts, 6.6 reb in 27 minutes. With our bigs leaving, PT shouldn’t be an issue. I’m sure his coach is talking up Otz. Possibility of playing for a Final Four team should also be a plus.