April Fools Stories

groomsie

Sep 22, 2011
Stoughton, WI
This lists the aforementioned Taco Bell, but I'm posting for one that happened in San Diego in 1993 while I lived there, local radio station reported the space shuttle was diverting to a small municipal airport in the center of San Diego. This was during rush hour and let's just say the folks sucked in to see the landing, the airport authorities, and the local police we less than amused.

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
Well, at least that will simplify things for the east coast media
Hopefully they'll keep both logos and let everyone use them interchangeably. I wonder if they'll change the colors to red and black or every imaginable shade of yellow?
yellow.png

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
We had bought some donuts for Easter yesterday and my 7 year old daughter thought it'd be funny to take the empty box, fill it with broccoli and take it over to her grandpa this morning. Awful cruel thing to do to a man who thinks he's about to munch on some donuts.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
The Sidd finch one was funny. I fell for it, like everybody else. The sub headline spelled out April Fools, if I remember.
I remember a guy brought that copy of SI into work and we all read and marveled over this baseball prospect, only to find out weeks later it was all a joke.

Reactions: Kinch

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
About 15 years ago (that's a wild guess)... Wasn't there some local radio station that announced the Rolling Stones were going to be playing a rehearsal gig in preparation for an upcoming tour at the ValAir Ballroom? And people fell for it. Started lining up for tickets.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We had bought some donuts for Easter yesterday and my 7 year old daughter thought it'd be funny to take the empty box, fill it with broccoli and take it over to her grandpa this morning. Awful cruel thing to do to a man who thinks he's about to munch on some donuts.
Whose side of the family does your daughter take after?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Hey, did you hear that a university was stupid enough to sign a contract with its offensive coordinator mandating his team score so many points to keep his job? April Fo……. oh wait.

• Haha
Reactions: Cycsk

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009

She just got cut out of the Will

• Funny
  • Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Kinch

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I love all the marketing this company does (and hear it's a very good product). I definitely laughed at the effort put into this one today:

Reactions: NWICY and Angie

HackTheGibson

Feb 18, 2013
Omaha
I wrote this up and then i started thinking this might have been a birthday prank and not an April fools thing - I can't remember. But I already typed it up, so here you go.

Back when we were still working in the office, somebody made up posters with an unsuspecting co-worker's work phone number on it. Posted them all over the office, stairwells, elevators. The posters all said something along the lines "Chewbacca contest: call ###-#### and do your best Chewy impression". The guy got calls all day.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I have a friend that worked in IT at a small company. They were all mainly in one office area so he put up a sign saying that the printer software had been updated and now accepted voice commands.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Not a pregnacy joke, that was planned, but we found out we were having twins instead of just 1. They were born April 1, 2023 so they've had jokes from the start.
Happy 1st birthday to the kiddos!

The Sidd finch one was funny. I fell for it, like everybody else. The sub headline spelled out April Fools, if I remember.
My husband tells the story of being pulled in to this hook, line, and sinker as a kid. I just texted him "Happy Sid Finch Day!"

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
I did an upper-decker to my college roommate once. Good times

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Happy 1st birthday to the kiddos!

My husband tells the story of being pulled in to this hook, line, and sinker as a kid. I just texted him "Happy Sid Finch Day!"
That’s is awesome.