2023-2024 MBB computer projections thread

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
"beat the pants off our preseason projection of 9 Big12 wins" - love the touch of informal silliness snuck in with all the stats and math

I thought they'd be 11-7, and thought that was optimistic. Just about everything has come together for this team as well as you could hope. Gilbert and Cujo both better than I thought. The bigs got better. Chill much better as a freshman than I'd thought. Lipsey can shoot now.

Let's hope they can sort the offense and make a little run in the tournaments.

Yep. And the way it turned out, the loss yesterday didn’t impact us negatively at all. Still the #2 seed in KC, no chance for the title since Houston smoked KU, lots of #2/#3 seeds lost around us, basicallly a throwaway game.

Now it’s time to earn all of the respect built up this season.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Good to see the offense is back where it belongs after that bad 5 game stretch. Found it interesting the OU game was our worst offensive performance of the year. View attachment 125654
It's almost like basing analysis on a 6 game sample and ignoring the rest of the season isn't a great way to analyze the team. Shocking!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I'm curious what's different about the teamrankings NCSOS measure. It seems to have ours much higher than others