*** Official #20 BYU vs #6 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Beat KSU, then drop the first round Big 12 tournament game, rest, reset for the Big Dance.

We need a physical and mental break.

This x100. Kick KSU’s a**…. then lose in our first game in the Big 12 tourney…. our guys need REST!

• Dumb
Reactions: IcSyU

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
How many times did Settles correctly say— that should have been a foul call? We got to get at least a little home cooking in the second half.

• Agree
Reactions: Erik4Cy

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
We are only down 11 but you have no chance against teams like BYU scoring 60 points. I’m confident they will cool down. I am not confident we can score 40+ points in a half, which is probably what it will take to beat them.

• Winner
Reactions: IcSyU

Cyberclone

Aug 6, 2006
I know this isn't going to make any of you guys feel any better, but I feel like we are just a bad matchup for you guys. The thing is, there aren't really any other teams like us and you aren't going to be playing us again anytime soon. You guys still have a WAY higher ceiling in the NCAA tournament than we do. Elite defense takes you far. We live and die by the three, and there is no way we put together 3 consecutive games where we can sustain that, let alone four or five. You guys have a much better shot at the Final Four. Again, I get that you guys don't care right now, but we honestly hope you guys and a couple of other Big 12 teams represent in March.
we need your shooting coach!

cincinnaticyclone

Nov 29, 2016
This board is insufferable when things don’t go exactly according to expectations. It’s like some of you haven’t seen a team struggle before.
On the contrary, people are pretty negative because we’ve seen Iowa State struggle in this situation for about 24 years in a row now

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
This team looks beat up and tired. There’s not much movement without the ball on offense. This leads to bad shot selections.

BYU spreads out the defense very well. Quick passes will always beat defensive rotations. I’d like to see what happens if we change to zone. Rebounding is more difficult with a zone, but that doesn’t matter when they have wide open three’s and layups

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I’d like to see more of Demarion in the second half as he is versatile enough to cover any of their guys and we need better rebounding
He’s really clogging things up on offensive side though.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron