Mouser the new OC

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Right! Did we even reach out to Lincoln Riley or LSU's coordinator from last year? It's not that hard to google who had a great offense and hire that coordinator, if I can do it Campbell can do it. s/

Why doesn't ISU just do what Marvin Harrison Jr. does?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
probably just extra titles to be able to pay guys a little more and hopefully not get poached right away
This. After the turnover this year and last, the offensive staff needs some stability and continuity for a couple of years, especially for recruiting purposes.

After we start averaging 500 ypg and 45 ppg, teams can start poaching one. One coach a year is allowed.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Just throwing a dart out there:
Feels like with Mouser+Roehl+Waters, we'll do a lot of power runs.
I’d suppose that people would expect Collin Klein’s offenses to be that way, for the same reason. Does it work that way?

(I have no idea, that’s why I’m asking)

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I find it quite rich that there are Hawk trolls in the comments of these tweets laughing about another team's OC.
Not only that, it took them like 3 months to find somebody that would finally accept, while it took us less than a week.

• Winner
Reactions: cyence

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Can Kohl be used in a QB power run game?? Brahmer, Noel, and Higgens out wide with Burkle or Moore at TE and Klotz at FB/Lead blocker in the hole. If you put 8 in the box, you will have 1 on 1 with all-conference guys on the perimeter and if you go 7 in the box, you pound it..

I say that full knowing that without meaningful improvement on the offensive line, this is all meaningless conversation

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Can Kohl be used in a QB power run game?? Brahmer, Noel, and Higgens out wide with Burkle or Moore at TE and Klotz at FB/Lead blocker in the hole. If you put 8 in the box, you will have 1 on 1 with all-conference guys on the perimeter and if you go 7 in the box, you pound it..

I say that full knowing that without meaningful improvement on the offensive line, this is all meaningless conversation
I see Tanner Hughes in a power run package. 6’5” 240. And frankly less “risk” in case there’s an injury compared to Kohl.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Does coach Z give football takes?

I only recognize one Coach Z.

CoachZ2.png

Reactions: dunar and vdub4cy

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

That would be stupid. Outrageously so.

This isn’t Joel Lanning, who had a strong arm, but was a marginal passer. This team has both talented passers AND wideouts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron