Player of the game: Kansas

Player of the game

• Jaren Holmes. 15 points (all in 2nd half), 6 rebounds

Votes: 86 41.7%
  • Tamin Lipsey. 9 points, 10 assists, 8 rebounds

Votes: 94 45.6%
  • Osun Osunniyi. 13 points, 5 rebounds

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Tre King. 10 points, 5 rebounds (first half spark)

Votes: 16 7.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Holmes. When ku threatened to get back in it, he stepped up and made a bunch of gutsy plays and shots in about 4 minutes. Just held them off.

Tre and Osun had great games. Tamin controlled it really. But im gonna say Holmes because he led when they needed it

This is why I voted Holmes. Lipsey is a very close second.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Jaren for me.
Shocked KU didn't press Tamin.

Shocked it doesnt happen more in general. We've looked weak to it much of the year, but we aren't forced to pay for that all that often.

I thought for sure a coach like Self would see what happened monday and take that recipe and use it though

Reactions: Williowa

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Shocked it doesnt happen more in general. We've looked weak to it much of the year, but we aren't forced to pay for that all that often.

I thought for sure a coach like Self would see what happened monday and take that recipe and use it though
It'll be nice when Jaz is fully healthy because he's capable handling on the perimeter.

Reactions: exCYtable

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
I can see why people would say Tamin, as he flirted with a triple double. But I still think Holmes was the player of the game because his scoring in the second half really changed what felt like a possible KU comeback to ISU keeping them at arm’s length and coasting in the end. Really it was a good team win, and our balance makes us a hard team to beat.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron