Former Hawaii quarterback Colt Brennan dead at 37

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I remember him absolutely killing it during some preseasons for the Washington You-Know-Whos --

1620755492862.png

Brennan appeared in his first NFL exhibition game in the 2008 Hall of Fame Game against the Indianapolis Colts on August 3. He was impressive in his debut completing 9-of-10 passes for 123 yards and 2 touchdowns for a 157.5 passer rating in the Redskins' victory.[21] His success continued two weeks later against the New York Jets when he completed 4-of-5 passes for 79 yards and scored the game-winning touchdown on a 33-yard pass to wide receiver Jason Goode.[22]

Brennan led all 2008 NFL rookies in touchdown passes, passing yards, and quarterback rating through the preseason.[23] He finished the 2008 preseason with a strong performance, going 36-for-53, for 411 yards and three touchdowns and with no interceptions. For the preseason, his completion percentage was 67.9% and his quarterback rating was 109.9.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
He helped me turn Hawaii into a power on NCAA football video game back in the day! They need to hurry up and make that again with the NIL moving forward. I know they announced something recently.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
He helped me turn Hawaii into a power on NCAA football video game back in the day! They need to hurry up and make that again with the NIL moving forward. I know they announced something recently.
They were getting there with Nick Rolovich, but then he went to Wazzu. I’m not overly sold on Graham.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
This makes me so sad, he was one of my favorite guys to watch sling it. If you get time look through his 2006 game logs. Absolutely absurd passing stats. In a game against Utah State he had 18 completions, which 6 of were TDs!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I do remember watching a story on Colt when he was playing at Hawaii. He ended up there due to getting in trouble before with the law and Hawaii is the only team that would bring him on. I think before Hawaii he was at Oregon State maybe very briefly? He was crazy talented and made that Hawaii team a lot better than what they were without him.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
I do remember watching a story on Colt when he was playing at Hawaii. He ended up there due to getting in trouble before with the law and Hawaii is the only team that would bring him on. I think before Hawaii he was at Oregon State maybe very briefly? He was crazy talented and made that Hawaii team a lot better than what they were without him.
He was at Colorado beforehand but was a redshirt. He got in trouble then went to a Juco for a year before landing at Hawaii

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
there's a good write up on TMZ about everything Colt had been through - sad stuff. RIP

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Wasnt June jones there during Colt?
Yeah, during Colt’s time. Rolovich won them a conference championship a couple years back and seemed to be righting the ship after the Norm Chow disaster, but then he left. I think Rolovich was also the quarterback for Hawaii before Colt.

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
Ok, slow reply here.

Yeah, Colt was a really big deal here in Hawaii!! The 2007 undefeated regular season was awesome and other fans and I got caught up thinking the team was a Top 10 team when it actually had a final (still very strong) AP ranking of 19 (1 better than the next best final ranking of 20 in 1992). ( https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/hawaii/index.html )

Very sad to hear of his death, but he did a lot of great things in the years that he had.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron