Kene Nwangwu getting PAID, drafted 4th round

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
Pretty great to see our backup RB drafted in the 4th round! Although like many said, he could have started or at least had a much bigger role if he played elsewhere. I wish he has a successful career, just like I wish for all other ISU players!

cyfreddy

Oct 15, 2006
The NFL is weird but glad that we are not the victim this time around. People that always get drafted ahead of ISU players leaves me shaking my head. I stopped watching the draft but glad we have a Cyclone get some respect. I wish Bailey would have been drafted because a lot of clowns that got drafted don’t even half the numbers he put up playing against good teams. There was a player from uni that got drafted and I’m like screw this. You look at Lazard and you would think these teams would start to respecting ISU, useless.
This is why I have quit watching the draft! I can't believe that there are that many better players in the Big Ten, as there is in the Big 12! And like you said I can not believe Bailey was not drafted!

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
This is why I have quit watching the draft! I can't believe that there are that many better players in the Big Ten, as there is in the Big 12! And like you said I can not believe Bailey was not drafted!
The big 10 will always get more players drafted... they have 14 teams to choose from.

Reactions: Aclone and 83cy

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I promise you guys GMs don’t have some sort of inherent bias against Iowa State.
This has been argued many times but the people that assert it don’t ever provide evidence. Are they saying oh he played for Iowa State let’s not draft him no but there is a unconscious bias. I think it’s more an anti bi 12 bias though.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
This has been argued many times but the people that assert it don’t ever provide evidence. Are they saying oh he played for Iowa State let’s not draft him no but there is a unconscious bias. I think it’s more an anti bi 12 bias though.
I think an anti-Big 12 bias is absolutely a factor. The NFL is the last one to really innovate. There's no incentive to be different or new or first to change. When the Big 12 started going Air Raid, shotgun spread, up tempo, etc, the NFL stuck with their boring "pro offense" which meant they were more likely to pick from the Ohio States and Alabamas than Oklahomas.

Last edited:

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
It’s ridiculous. Watch how we will beat everyone this season and come draft day these idiots won’t be looking at our players. Cockhuskers had more players drafted than a top 10 team like ISU? Yeah the same cockhusker team that is a dump and has not won more than 4 games a year. Hard working players that take their teams to top ten aren’t good enough than flops at Nebraska? How?

• Dumb
Reactions: cyrocksmypants

CloneB

Jun 7, 2014
It’s ridiculous. Watch how we will beat everyone this season and come draft day these idiots won’t be looking at our players. Cockhuskers had more players drafted than a top 10 team like ISU? Yeah the same cockhusker team that is a dump and has not won more than 4 games a year. Hard working players that take their teams to top ten aren’t good enough than flops at Nebraska? How?
You realize we have pretty much all of our starters coming back next year right, including most of our top level guys? That plays a factor when comparing counts of players drafted when our pool of potential draftees is so small to begin with.

CyclonesMoney

Sep 12, 2017
You realize we have pretty much all of our starters coming back next year right, including most of our top level guys? That plays a factor when comparing counts of players drafted when our pool of potential draftees is so small to begin with.
It doesn’t matter. Watch draft day next year, we will be scratching our heads, Purdy and Hall needs to put up huge numbers against the ESPN darlings.?Infact I hope we can play one of the SEC team in the playoffs and put up a beating on them. Them these fools will start to respecting our players. Lazard is way better than most of the players who got drafted. David Montgomery is way better than all players that got drafted ahead of him except for the raiders running back.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Was there much for feedback to guys like Kolar?

It will be interesting to see what happens a year from now.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It doesn’t matter. Watch draft day next year, we will be scratching our heads, Purdy and Hall needs to put up huge numbers against the ESPN darlings.?Infact I hope we can play one of the SEC team in the playoffs and put up a beating on them. Them these fools will start to respecting our players. Lazard is way better than most of the players who got drafted. David Montgomery is way better than all players that got drafted ahead of him except for the raiders running back.

Hall will likely be good enough to get drafted. Purdy isn't, or at least not early. You need to be able to throw long on a rope in the league.

The bolded is quite a statement.

Last edited:

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Hall will likely be good enough to get drafted. Purdy isn't, or at least not early. You need to be able to throw long on a rope in the league.

The bolded is quite a statement.
I could see Purdy going as high as mid-third if he has a killer season (which I honestly expect him to) but I think that’s probably his ceiling no matter how great he is this season.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We should play the Jets next year and see if we can beat them. Would be the ultimate troll job for Matt to them.

• Funny
Reactions: CyclonesMoney