Tristan Enaruna Commits

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I agree but then you're also going to have to stop the other side from saying, "Prohm would've never gotten this recruit or Prohm couldn't do that."

Goes both ways unfortunately.
Simple solution? Both sides stop bringing up Prohm, and let him rest in the dustbin of history where he belongs.

It’s time to move on.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Nope. It became TJ's team as soon as he finished the house cleaning.

Plus he gets his transfers immediately eligible. Its a new world in college basketball, you can now assemble teams in the off season with free agency. This is TJ’s team plus a couple very solid Prohm recruits.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
It's TJ's team on day one. Over half the team he just recruited or re-recruited. He also had a hand in building that program that put about 11 guys in the NBA recently.
This is a point that should not go overlooked and a good one. TJ has a big, big body of work of "see what I have put in the nba?"

Iowa state had three players in ONE GAME last weekend! THT, Matt Thomas, and Niang in the Lakers v. Jazz game. That is wild man, there's only a little more than 300 of those jobs on the planet.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
TJ has hit it out of the park so far. A lot of the questions people (including myself) had had less to do with recruiting and more to do with competing with other B12 coaches on game day.

I will say he's surpassed even my wildest hopes to this point, and everything he and his staff have said have made me feel much more comfortable with the hire.
Yup I think we all agree that recruiting was never an issue. Just need to see the fruits of the labor!

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I could see Kunc starting. If he rebounds and shoots the 3, he seems to fit. Maybe Enaruna's talent wins out as the season goes along, but Kunc seems ready to play.
Don't forget about Hinson. He started all but 2 games in his 1st two seasons at Ole Miss and averaged in double figures. I'm interested to see how these guys stack up against each other come November.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Currently 5 players for the 2 traditional 3/4 positions, Hinson, Kunc, Enaruna, Johnson, Foster (4 and 5 time). I think the 1st 3 get most of the minutes, Johnson some at 3, Foster some at 4.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Currently 5 players for the 2 traditional 3/4 positions, Hinson, Kunc, Enaruna, Johnson, Foster (4 and 5 time). I think the 1st 3 get most of the minutes, Johnson some at 3, Foster some at 4.
Personally I think if we get Fletcher or another quality forward Johnson enters the portal and Some of Kunc's minutes come at the 5.

Reactions: Statefan10

acqflisu

Apr 20, 2006
Davenport, Iowa
Hopefully for TJ, he doesn’t peak in year 1, like Prohm did.
Not much risk in that. :)
TJ making great moves, but still a motley crew.

Interesting the discussion on who should start over who when less than a couple weeks ago the talk was not having anybody on the roster to start.

• Agree
Reactions: awd4cy

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not much risk in that. :)
TJ making great moves, but still a motley crew.

Interesting the discussion on who should start over who when less than a couple weeks ago the talk was not having anybody on the roster to start.

It's nice to see the TJ hates figured out it was time to STFU.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I hope he's good. Could be he was just a bust coming out of HS. It's not like KU has never struck out on HS talent in the past. Hopefully he can maximize his potential in Ames, a solid get for TJ and staff. What is the general consensus regarding him? Day 1 starter?
Good vid/podcast on him here, by 247sports.
Podcast: Breaking down the addition of Kansas transfer Tristan Enaruna (247sports.com)
I think someone said free to view/unlocked for today only, otherwise subscription. I thought it was very inciteful and good analysis on Enaruna!

Help Support Us

Become a patron