Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
All of his recruiting profiles show an offer from Wake Forest, and you have yet to furnish any evidence showing that his offer to Wake Forest was no longer committable. You’re the one making the claim that runs contrary to the recruiting sites, so it’s your responsibility to supply the evidence to refute them.

You think Leech committed to Iowa State over Kansas?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Is that why Iowa has the 10th biggest home court advantage in college basketball according to KenPom? FWIW, that’s better than Iowa State.

KenPom uses actual statistics to determine the best home court advantages. Your counter to statistics is to post a couple opinion pieces from random college basketball writers?

KenPom only sends people out to arenas that give out free pizza, hence the votes for Iowa. Good grief you're dumb!!

Last edited:

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Good grief your dumb!!

michael-scott-the-office-steve-gif-5046084.gif

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
KenPom uses actual statistics to determine the best home court advantages. Your counter to statistics is to post a couple opinion pieces from random college basketball writers?
Here's a couple of stats- Iowa lost at CHA last year by 15 to last-place in the Big East, .500 DePaul and by 9 to 10th place in the Big 10, 16-15 Purdue. Some homecourt advantage.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Here's a couple of stats- Iowa lost at CHA last year by 15 to last-place in the Big East, .500 DePaul and by 9 to 10th place in the Big 10, 16-15 Purdue. Some homecourt advantage.

Here’s another stat - Iowa State lost in Hilton to a 12-15 Florida A&M team that was rated by Kenpom 314th out of 353 D1 teams. Some home court advantage.

Reactions: TrianglePlace

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Wow, didn’t realize that Trey James is already the career leader in blocked shots in Kentucky High School Athletic Association history after his junior season. He has a chance to amass 1,000 career blocked shots. That’s absurd.

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Here’s another stat - Iowa State lost in Hilton to a 12-15 Florida A&M team that was rated by Kenpom 314th out of 353 D1 teams. Some home court advantage.
You Hawk slappys are really something- I haven't seen one ISU fan on here not acknowledge that you were the better team all of last season. But over the last 3-3.5 decades, Hilton has been recognized as one of the most difficult places to play in CBB. And, yes, I will take the opinions of national media people who travel to over 50 gyms across the country each year over some clown named Ken who doesn't step foot in one gym. The BTN has to adjust their camera shots to hide all of the empty seats on any given night in Carver. If CHA is so tough for opponents to play in, name the last Hawk to go undefeated in his career at Carver, or for that matter, the Fieldhouse. I've got my two Cyclones and I'm pretty sure it was more recent. Hawk fans desire to be better than ISU in bb is embarassing.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

Never change, *******.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You Hawk slappys are really something- I haven't seen one ISU fan on here not acknowledge that you were the better team all of last season. But over the last 3-3.5 decades, Hilton has been recognized as one of the most difficult places to play in CBB. And, yes, I will take the opinions of national media people who travel to over 50 gyms across the country each year over some clown named Ken who doesn't step foot in one gym. The BTN has to adjust their camera shots to hide all of the empty seats on any given night in Carver. If CHA is so tough for opponents to play in, name the last Hawk to go undefeated in his career at Carver, or for that matter, the Fieldhouse. I've got my two Cyclones and I'm pretty sure it was more recent. Hawk fans desire to be better than ISU in bb is embarassing.

So Iowa losing at home to DePaul means CHA is a poor home court advantage, but Iowa State losing at home to Florida A&M doesn’t mean anything. How convenient.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Wow, didn’t realize that Trey James is already the career leader in blocked shots in Kentucky High School Athletic Association history after his junior season. He has a chance to amass 1,000 career blocked shots. That’s absurd.

No wonder Elon wants him so badly!

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
So Iowa losing at home to DePaul means CHA is a poor home court advantage, but Iowa State losing at home to Florida A&M doesn’t mean anything. How convenient.
To quote Fran, "body of work". I'll say it again- IA was better than ISU LAST YEAR. ISU was NOT good last year, and Hilton was NOT a tough place for opponents to play LAST YEAR. But ask any coach who has coached in both places over the last 3 decades and the majority are going to tell you Hilton, year in-year out, is a tougher place to play. Ask your own boys who collapsed there in 2015- Uthoff pulled a Whoodini act in the 2nd half and disappeared. That last possession was a debacle. Those things happen in tough places to play- Breslin, Mackey, Phog, etc. Carver??? Not so often.

I know- we lost to Florida A&M last year and it was an awful loss at home. But Hawk fans are so desperate for it to be 1985 again, or even 1999, it just EATS at you.

BTW- still waiting on your last Hawk to go undefeated for his career at home- I'll give you a break- lets say undefeated for any two consecutive years of his career since ISU's 2 guys only played there two years. I really have no idea who it is for IA, so maybe it's more recent than I thought...but I doubt it.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Despite how bad we were last year and it being one of Iowa's best seasons in 20 years, I still saw Iowa fans post they wished Carver would get as loud as Hilton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron