Who do we Replace Iowa WIth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Has to be someone close right? How about Neb- oh. What about Minn- oh. Wisc- oh, right. Illinois? Northwestern? Purdue? Those are all closer than WVU or any of the Texas schools.
This allows all conferences to work within their own entities now. It also allows more room for movement of games if one were to be cancelled.

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
This is going to mirror March exactly, I'm afraid. It didn't take long to go from Ivy League cancelling their tournament to all of March Madness getting cancelled. Frankly were worse off now than we were in March; we just have our heads in the sand instead of up in the clouds this time. The best hope we have at this point is that the thing dies out or that some antiviral meds (hopefully quicker than vaccines) are available in early 2021 and we can actually have some sports in the Spring.

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Drake or ND

We need a revenge game with both
Drake or ND

We need a revenge game with both

We have a good team this year and unfortunately may never get to see their potential displayed. We don't do well in revenge scenarios, historically. Though this is the year we could have had a fighting chance to reverse that trend.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This allows all conferences to work within their own entities now. It also allows more room for movement of games if one were to be cancelled.

Yeah makes sense. Selfishly I'm all about Purdy going into IC and beating them but safety has to come first.

I wonder if death rates keep dropping if people will change their stances? Again I'm all for safety, I just hope people making decisions have data from all fronts to make the best decisions.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
You may want to check your own awareness of the line before deciding where it is.

2pLPhyU.jpg

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
This season is not going to happen in any form. To bad the ncaa can’t just say we are delaying the whole thing till spring but they don’t have that authority.

womder if we have seen Brock Purdys last game as a Cyclone

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This season is not going to happen in any form. To bad the ncaa can’t just say we are delaying the whole thing till spring but they don’t have that authority.

If Brock doesn't play a game in the fall, he's not getting the same hype he had before. I would say there's a better shot he'll be back then he'll leave. This was a big year for him in regards to his draft stock.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If Brock doesn't play a game in the fall, he's not getting the same hype he had before. I would say there's a better shot he'll be back then he'll leave. This was a big year for him in regards to his draft stock.

This, plus there's no minor league or developmental league for the NFL . College is the minors and development leagues for the NFL.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This, plus there's no minor league or developmental league for the NFL . College is the minors and development leagues for the NFL.
I'd be shocked if Kolar stays though.. He's likely gone.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

That's ultimately the problem - no single person has the authority so everybody is hesitant to make the leap without going through various degrees of iteration to get there. But it's inevitable there will be no football or basketball this year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Yeah I was under the impression that his draft situation was performance based from this upcoming season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron