"Playing for Iowa Football was a living nightmare"

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I’m not defending her or her actions, just pointing out your lie that she was Nassar’s attorney is, in fact, a lie.
For the purposes of "review" you have deemed it better to have a lawyer that covered, hid, obfuscated complaints, and under performed while interfacing with the federal government investigation and ongoing compliance for Michigan State? You prefer that bad actor and her dereliction of duty versus a defense attorney.

You are really getting perverse in the depths that you will sink to defend Kirk. It is disgusting how much you love you some good old fashion red-neck racists.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
For the purposes of "review" you have deemed it better to have a lawyer that covered, hid, obfuscated complaints, and under performed while interfacing with the federal government investigation and ongoing compliance for Michigan State? You prefer that bad actor and her dereliction of duty versus a defense attorney.

You are really getting perverse in the depths that you will sink to defend Kirk. It is disgusting how much you love you some good old fashion red-neck racists.
He was trying to prove she wasn't Nassar's attorney which 1.) is indeed true, and 2.) made him look like he was defending her

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Not a lot of Wadley's statement can be proven one way or the other but unless you can provide a transcript showing the quote he referenced prior to the Pinstripe Bowl you are full of ****.

Now compare that with Wadley's statement.

This is so very comical. Again, let's back up a second. Over 60 players have come out claiming some form of racism under Kirk. But here we are getting into semantics on one players statement, as though it matters. It's the "hey, look over there" then run away defense.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
This is so very comical. Again, let's back up a second. Over 60 players have come out claiming some form of racism under Kirk. But here we are getting into semantics on one players statement, as though it matters. It's the "hey, look over there" then run away defense.
I think they're targeting Wadley because he's a household name and he's had issues with the fans in the past. They haven't even begun to try and disprove some of the other guys' accusations because those guys aren't well known and they also don't have any reasons to go after the school.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018

There is a lot uproar about this but it appears to be a total made up issue. Two attorneys in the KC office are conducting the investigation. Not this attorney. Also, any information that this MSU attorney did anything wrong?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There is a lot uproar about this but it appears to be a total made up issue. Two attorneys in the KC office are conducting the investigation. Not this attorney. Also, any information that this MSU attorney did anything wrong?
https://www.thehawkeye.com/sports/2...nvestigation-of-iowa-hawkeye-football-program

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...0/top-michigan-state-attorney-steps/34772887/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...-state-university-william-strampel/590146002/

"Zayko's resignation comes as two board members — Dianne Byrum and Brian Mosallam — told the Free Press she should leave. They say Zayko knew about complaints against Strampel and Nassar and never brought them to the attention of the board, whom she regularly briefed on issues."

"The three attorneys assigned to the Iowa investigation are Hayley Hanson, Demetrius Peterson and Kristine Zayko."

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

There are three attorneys conducting it now, not two

Yes she did stuff wrong

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Yes.

"The fact that Kristine Zayko was aware of the 2014 Nassar investigation and Strampel's history since 2005 and yet never elevated either to the board is very troubling," Mosallam told the Free Press earlier this week before Zayko's resignation was known. "I believe Kristine Zayko should do what is right for MSU and immediately step down as acting general counsel. I have zero confidence in her ability to properly advise this university. We need someone from the outside with a different mindset and approach to be MSU's acting general counsel."

"I voted no on the appointment of Kristine Zayko because I lacked confidence in her ability to effectively serve the MSU community and help fix the broken culture at MSU. In light of this troubling new information, she should step down immediately as the interim general counsel

Strampel's contract as dean wasn't just renewed with a slap on the wrist in that 2005 meeting. It happened again five years later — a renewal despite more complaints about sexual comments. And again another five years later — despite continuing complaints

Last edited:

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
https://www.thehawkeye.com/sports/2...nvestigation-of-iowa-hawkeye-football-program

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...0/top-michigan-state-attorney-steps/34772887/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/lo...-state-university-william-strampel/590146002/

"Zayko's resignation comes as two board members — Dianne Byrum and Brian Mosallam — told the Free Press she should leave. They say Zayko knew about complaints against Strampel and Nassar and never brought them to the attention of the board, whom she regularly briefed on issues."

"The three attorneys assigned to the Iowa investigation are Hayley Hanson, Demetrius Peterson and Kristine Zayko."

Interesting because the only sites I saw this talked about only listed Hanson and Peterson with Hanson being the lead on the investigation.

Again, any proof besides some bluster from board members that she knew about complaints and hid them? I haven't seen any.

This is a huge firm that specifically has a department to handle this type of university investigation that has expertise in these legal areas. Just seems dumb to attack a firm when they are experts in this area and the investigation hasn't even been completed. I know it is easy to attack attorneys but most of the time people have no idea what they are talking about. Just like attacks on the defense attorney. The defense attorney is paid to defend her client. As long as she does so within the laws and rules of the court, then I don't see anything wrong with that.

Is anyone upset that ISU hired this firm in 2017 and 2018?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
This is what I have the Iowa internal investigation looking like in my head:

giphy.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Interesting because the only sites I saw this talked about only listed Hanson and Peterson with Hanson being the lead on the investigation.

Again, any proof besides some bluster from board members that she knew about complaints and hid them? I haven't seen any.

This is a huge firm that specifically has a department to handle this type of university investigation that has expertise in these legal areas. Just seems dumb to attack a firm when they are experts in this area and the investigation hasn't even been completed. I know it is easy to attack attorneys but most of the time people have no idea what they are talking about. Just like attacks on the defense attorney. The defense attorney is paid to defend her client. As long as she does so within the laws and rules of the court, then I don't see anything wrong with that.

What are you talking about? Iowa having Zayko run this "investigation" is incredibly stupid and irresponsible. How are you defending this?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I'm not attacking the firm. I just find it interesting she's involved with this investigation.

And...

"The fact that Kristine Zayko was aware of the 2014 Nassar investigation and Strampel's history since 2005 and yet never elevated either to the board is very troubling," Mosallam told the Free Press earlier this week before Zayko's resignation was known. "I believe Kristine Zayko should do what is right for MSU and immediately step down as acting general counsel. I have zero confidence in her ability to properly advise this university. We need someone from the outside with a different mindset and approach to be MSU's acting general counsel."

Byrum agreed Zayko should step down in a statement she issued to the Free Press before Zayko's resignation.

"I voted no on the appointment of Kristine Zayko because I lacked confidence in her ability to effectively serve the MSU community and help fix the broken culture at MSU. In light of this troubling new information, she should step down immediately as the interim general counsel."

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

What kind of cases were they hired for. That should answer your question.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
It is obviously extremely painful for tavern hoks across the state to listen to any current jab by Iowa State fans, and then try to defend the 'Iowa way'. It's sad, expected, but well deserved all at the same time.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I'm not attacking the firm. I just find it interesting she's involved with this investigation.

And...

Byrum agreed Zayko should step down in a statement she issued to the Free Press before Zayko's resignation.

"I voted no on the appointment of Kristine Zayko because I lacked confidence in her ability to effectively serve the MSU community and help fix the broken culture at MSU. In light of this troubling new information, she should step down immediately as the interim general counsel."

I don't. Her knowledge is in the area of university regulations and laws.
Why is it interesting? I practice law in a certain area and am hired to do law in that area. What would be odd is if she was on a team asked to help investigate environmental problems of a company.
Do we know what she could and could not report to the board as her job in the general counsel's office? I don't. Do you know if all investigations were reported to the board by the the general counsels' office? I don't. Seems like a lot of conclusions are drawn without a base knowledge of what is actually going on.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Why is it interesting? I practice law in a certain area and am hired to do law in that area. What would be odd is if she was on a team asked to help investigate environmental problems of a company.
Do we know what she could and could not report to the board as her job in the general counsel's office? I don't. Do you know if all investigations were reported to the board by the the general counsels' office? I don't. Seems like a lot of conclusions are drawn without a base knowledge of what is actually going on.

She was literally forced to resign

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I find it interesting that Iowa would go with her when she was asked to step down due to her involvement of one of the worst sexual assault cases ever. That's all. She obviously didn't get stripped of her license or anything along those lines.. I just find it odd Iowa would involve her with investigating a case of systematic racism when she was told by her constituents to step down due to their lack of confidence in her when dealing with systematic sexual abuse.