NO FANS AT CYCLONE GAMES?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Ask this question though, if attendance is limited to say 15,000. And you get to go to maybe 2 games all season because of this limit. You get sick on Thursday. You going to the game on Saturday anyway?
No way. Gotta be responsible. You can watch it on TV and maybe find a ticket to another game if one becomes available. Might be able to get a good price for that ticket too.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Infections lead positive test cases by a couple weeks. Positive test cases lead deaths by a couple weeks. The death rate could be decreasing but we will still start seeing deaths increase in the next couple weeks.

For all of those that want to open up and go to games, maybe spend your time arguing for people to start wearing their ******* masks now or we’re going to keep going down this long slow path.

There is a reason most countries that started when we did are back to a semi new normal with less than 5% of the deaths we have... they weren’t a bunch of ignorant, stubborn SOBs that refuse science.

Science can't say how much protection cloth masks offer. They know it is something. I have seen elderly folks and I am sure some that are compromised by obesity that are out and about and obviously believe a mask will prevent them 100% from contracting the virus.

Science tells us a lot of stuff that people ignore the hell out of. Don't eat lots of saturated fat, don't smoke, don't drive too fast or reckless, etc.

The maker of Lysol products was on CNBC back in March and he stated their studies showed that only 17% of people washed their hands after using the restroom. Talk about not following science!

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
No way. Gotta be responsible. You can watch it on TV and maybe find a ticket to another game if one becomes available. Might be able to get a good price for that ticket too.

Haha and you have been to a game before right? Responsible fans? Not close to 100%. Young pups would go 100%

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Haha and you have been to a game before right? Responsible fans? Not close to 100%. Young pups would go 100%
Oh no doubt about it. I've been going to games since I was a baby, but if I was sick, especially if I had any symptom of the virus, I would not be going. I think later in the year it'd virtually be impossible to not have a runny nose or something considering the weather.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I guess I'm failing to say I understand the is risk with having football. I'm using Hy-Vee as the example to say we take risks everyday. This virus is very aggressive and it can be transmitted easily. So you take risk even doing essential activities. No one is forcing anyone to go to games.

The real world has to get back to a NEW NORMAL. Having 20%-50%, whatever the number is at Jack Trice will help the community recover economically. The health risks of COVID are never going away. We can't sit in our privileged suburban homes and wait this virus out until a vaccine comes along because that may NEVER come to be. So start with small crowds and build from there. We have the hospital capacity. We know younger and healthy people don't really need to worry. We know the old and sick need to be protected. We know testing needs to be better. Let's work on all of those things.

Dumb. This is what ignoring everything looks like.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So 3 disagree with facts stated? The numbers are right from the state website and cover since March of this year.

People disagree because the conclusion you're drawing from it is wrong on multiple points and is no different from any other attempt to downplay this.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Students come from all counties and all over the country that live in close quarters, parties, work in local restaurants etc - just seems odd they comment on fans going to games and nothing about holding classes - do they have no jurisdiction when it comes to school?

I thought all ISU students were from Ames. Huh. Learn something new every day. 20 some thousand students from all over the world living in dorms, working, partying, dancing, screwing, etc. Yeah, that's totally not going to spread the virus. LOL.....

Especially when all the kids from small towns go home every weekend and go see granny.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
We should just cancel the school year. Way too risky to being 30,000 people from all over the world to Ames and bring COVID with them.

If it’s too dangerous to attend a football game, it’s too dangerous for colleges to hold anything on-campus. Shut them all down.

I agree. I think we should shut everything down and start up another "dark ages". Bring back feudalism. As long as I get to be a lord though. F@$% being a peasant.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I thought all ISU students were from Ames. Huh. Learn something new every day. 20 some thousand students from all over the world living in dorms, working, partying, dancing, screwing, etc. Yeah, that's totally not going to spread the virus. LOL.....

Especially when all the kids from small towns go home every weekend and go see granny.

Winner.

Anyone thinking you can some how control 35,000 kids from all over hell are being naive and need to think back to their college days. Class, friends place, bar, out to eat in Ames, Des Moines, or some where else, visit the family, trips with friends to various places, hooking up, etc. They aren't just going to sit in their dorms/apartments and not socialize in the community.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Oh look, its this false equivalency again, comparing the core mission of the university and the necessary education of thousands to a non-essential activity like attending a football game.

I agree. I think we should shut everything down and start up another "dark ages". Bring back feudalism. As long as I get to be a lord though. F@$% being a peasant.

Moronic. This "If i can't plant my ass in some bleachers for 3 hours this fall the world is literally ending" stance some of you have would be comical if it weren't so ******* sad. Use your damn brains.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I really see this is as non-news. They are a health agency-- of course they are going to recommend against fans. There's no doubt that's the safest route. I'm sure this isn't anything the University didn't already know.

Now it's up to the University to decide how much risk they're willing to take relevant to the lasting ramifications of not having fans in the stadium.

Agree. If we let health boards and experts enforce and make laws, we would all be walking around in plastic bubbles.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Oh look, its this false equivalency again, comparing the core mission of the university and the necessary education of thousands to a non-essential activity like attending a football game.

Moronic. This "If i can't plant my ass in some bleachers for 3 hours this fall the world is literally ending" stance some of you have would be comical if it weren't so ******* sad. Use your damn brains.

Dude, calm down. I don't really want to go back to Feudalism. It was a joke. It would be cool to be a lord though.

And it's not a false equivalency. You don't think the virus is going to spread like wildfire when college campuses open back up? Why don't they just have everything online? Money? Probably. Maybe use your brain?

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Does it make a difference........

when this is about community risk.

Like I stated before, the virus doesn't give a rats rear who you are, or how it gets to you. It's not going to give a student in poli-sci a break because what they are doing is deemed "essential". You think 60k in the Jack, five times in a three month period is more dangerous than 30k students bumping shoulders every day.............for nine months?

Reactions: Angie and aauummm

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
And it's not a false equivalency. You don't think the virus is going to spread like wildfire when college campuses open back up? Why don't they just have everything online? Money? Probably. Maybe use your brain?
Agree that in person classes are not necessary for the fall semester - if we are really concerned with community spread then no in person classes and no football - it's not an either or situation.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
Science can't say how much protection cloth masks offer. They know it is something. I have seen elderly folks and I am sure some that are compromised by obesity that are out and about and obviously believe a mask will prevent them 100% from contracting the virus.

Science tells us a lot of stuff that people ignore the hell out of. Don't eat lots of saturated fat, don't smoke, don't drive too fast or reckless, etc.

The maker of Lysol products was on CNBC back in March and he stated their studies showed that only 17% of people washed their hands after using the restroom. Talk about not following science!

Vaccinating your kids......not wearing a mask uses essentially the same logic, just much more visible. "I'm not gonna wear a mask, but I'm secretly hoping everyone else will....."

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Oh FFS, that event is most likely is associated with a football weekend, not class. Bad analogy, like, really bad.

You don’t think cancelling classes would keep people home and therefore avoid house parties, dorm parties, etc?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Does it make a difference........

Like I stated before, the virus doesn't give a rats rear who you are, or how it gets to you. It's not going to give a student in poli-sci a break because what they are doing is deemed "essential". You think 60k in the Jack, five times in a three month period is more dangerous than 30k students bumping uglies every day.............for nine months?

FIFY;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron