Gamer nerds: what video game affected you the most emotionally?

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
GTA V, RIP Trevor. Still don't know what my 21 year old self was thinking.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I played a lot of TLOU p 2 this weekend, and just the attention to detail in the game is nuts. I didn't read spoilers, but the story is kind of playing out predictably which isn't a bad thing since the acting and writing has been good. The little moments of levity in all the chaos are still the best part of these games.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Final Fantasy 6(3 in the US version)....spent years of my youth trying to beat that game. Wasn't allowed to rent it often because I would spend 24/7 trying to beat it before we had to take it back. Finally got a copy of it and beat it. The storyline, villain, battles...all awesome.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I played a lot of TLOU p 2 this weekend, and just the attention to detail in the game is nuts. I didn't read spoilers, but the story is kind of playing out predictably which isn't a bad thing since the acting and writing has been good. The little moments of levity in all the chaos are still the best part of these games.
There have been some very angry people online about the story, but I feel like it’s probably an incredibly vocal minority?

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
There have been some very angry people online about the story, but I feel like it’s probably an incredibly vocal minority?

It seems there were a bunch of out of context spoilers, and I guess people just realized Ellie is a lesbian (which has been known since the first game and DLC) that is causing the online hate. Seems a lot of the hate comes from the same part of the internet as gamergate from what I have seen.

The gameplay is still an incredibly brutal murder simulator and mechanically it is really good.There are some story things that some may not like, but I waiting til I complete to see how it all unfolds before saying whether it works or not.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It seems there were a bunch of out of context spoilers, and I guess people just realized Ellie is a lesbian (which has been known since the first game and DLC) that is causing the online hate. Seems a lot of the hate comes from the same part of the internet as gamergate from what I have seen.

The gameplay is still an incredibly brutal murder simulator and mechanically it is really good.There are some story things that some may not like, but I waiting til I complete to see how it all unfolds before saying whether it works or not.
Wait. People didn’t know Ellie was a lesbian? Like, every article I’ve seen was about Ashley Johnson and Shannon Woodward’s friendship and how they turned that into the relationship formed in the game. Every ad showed them like, slow dancing together. The ENTIRE DLC from the first game was about her lesbian relationship......you would have to be completely oblivious to not know that before playing the game.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Wait. People didn’t know Ellie was a lesbian? Like, every article I’ve seen was about Ashley Johnson and Shannon Woodward’s friendship and how they turned that into the relationship formed in the game. Every ad showed them like, slow dancing together. The ENTIRE DLC from the first game was about her lesbian relationship......you would have to be completely oblivious to not know that before playing the game.

I mean this is what is getting posted about by the people complaining... I think you can see why these people would be upset about playing as Ellie

9bfr2u29an151.jpg

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
warzone effects me emotionally because i suck and it pisses me off

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Installed The Last of Us II last night. Haven't started yet and have avoided spoilers and reviews. Can't wait to get going but I'm about 1/3 through The Witcher 3 so can't decide if I should finish or just come back later.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Installed The Last of Us II last night. Haven't started yet and have avoided spoilers and reviews. Can't wait to get going but I'm about 1/3 through The Witcher 3 so can't decide if I should finish or just come back later.
The review bombing is stupid on TLOU2, the game graphically and mechanically is excellent. The story is okay to me so far, not bad but not super special. I'm not real far into it, pry only 25% or so, so it's possible I just haven't gotten to the good parts yet. If you liked the first game, I'm sure you'll like this one.

Help Support Us

Become a patron