keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
How is this not hush money?
they didn't fire him for cause ... so he must have his contract paid out. However... I am sure it came with a NDA, which is really standard anyway.

What this really is ... is failure to show cause for this change.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
You have a tendency to mark my posts as funny when I comment about KF's role in the Everson/Satterfield case, but never actually respond. I'm curious what your thoughts are on what Kirk did in that case.

They mishandled the situation by talking to the victim, but insinuating there was an attempt at a cover-up is just your typical Iowa State tinfoil hat stuff. Ferentz asked players to move back into the room after the incident because it was DJK’s room, and he had been living off-campus without Ferentz’s knowledge.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Uh, no duh. If Iowa had tried firing Doyle for cause before the investigation concluded, Doyle would have sued them for wrongful termination. It would have been an expensive, drawn out, and heavily publicized trial. If Iowa had waited for the investigation to conclude, Iowa State fans and people like Dan Woken would have thrown hissy fits that Doyle wasn’t fired yet. It was the only option.

You might want to just call it a day. Wow....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You might want to just call it a day. Wow....

They mishandled the situation by talking to the victim, but insinuating there was an attempt at a cover-up is just your typical Iowa State tinfoil hat stuff. Ferentz asked players to move back into the room after the incident because it was DJK’s room, and he had been living off-campus without Ferentz’s knowledge.

Yeah might be time for him to log off.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

How big of loss is it for Doyle to be gone? Second in command and one of the best in the business has to be a 1-2 games per year swing

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The independent investigation found there was no attempt at a cover up. I’m sorry you are so upset by facts.
According to the victim's mother all of these individuals encouraged the victim to allow them to handle an on campus investigation rather than reporting the assault to authorities.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I think its been unanimous on this board that Doyle should be fired, but why the hell did it take this long? Not to mention he got a heck of a paycheck to shut up and take the blame. Unbelievable. Now watch as Iowa will try and act like they took care of the issue and that everyone should drop it and move on.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think its been unanimous on this board that Doyle should be fired, but why the hell did it take this long? Not to mention he got a heck of a paycheck to shut up and take the blame. Unbelievable. Now watch as Iowa will try and act like they took care of the issue and that everyone should drop it and move on.
I think it's a respectable amount of time. They had enough evidence to determine he should be let go. The biggest problem I have is that there has not been one person to actually take fault nor apologize in this entire situation.

Reactions: Londo

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
According to the victim's mother all of these individuals encouraged the victim to allow them to handle an on campus investigation rather than reporting the assault to authorities.

The law firm conducting the investigation said there was no evidence that Iowa tried to cover anything up. If you can’t accept that fact I don’t know what to tell you.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I don’t really remember the specifics of that particular case. I’d have to review the details.
You don't remember the Jane Meyer lawsuit? JFC man, that's a brutal answer.

How long is it going to take you to review it?

Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The law firm conducting the investigation said there was no evidence that Iowa tried to cover anything up. If you can’t accept that fact I don’t know what to tell you.
https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2008/7/21/575697/into-the-light

BHGP was calling for your coach's and AD's head back in 2011 because of this.

Also, here's the dispute her parents made: http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/23/iowa.rape.allegations/index.html

It states Iowa says there was no cover up, however did not dispute ANY of the letter.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I think it's a respectable amount of time. They had enough evidence to determine he should be let go. The biggest problem I have is that there has not been one person to actually take fault nor apologize in this entire situation.
They had all this evidence last week....it doesn't take real long to see that some 50 student athletes all had similar stories. Just seems like they delayed it. But yes I agree. KF is acting like he has amnesia, Doyle is calling everyone a liar, nothing BF, and Barta is about as silent as church mouse

Londo

Apr 22, 2013
Wisconsin
This, its basically a nothing statement by both parties, the state footing the bill for 1.1 mil, nobody accepts responsibility or fault, and nothing actually changes other than a new S&C coach for UI and an early retirement for a stereotyping, meathead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron