Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don’t see any Iowa fans condoning racism maybe you can show this for me.
CljQElG.gif

Highway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2020
College football provides three things for a student athlete:
1. Access to a great education.
2. A chance to grow as an athlete and play the sport you love (and for some, a chance to play pro ball).
3. An opportunity to grow from a young man to a “great man” through the mentor ship of coaches and the lessons they learn about effort, commitment, trust, teamwork, etc. All coaches talk about how this is an important and rewarding part of being a head coach.

I am a diehard cyclone fan, but I have always admired Coach KF and considered him one of the good-guys in college athletics. Before this recent news, I would have said the Iowa program nailed all three of these. I would have thought that Coach KF’s culture was a model for item #3 above. Which is why I find this so disappointing and surprising.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
More scripted statements from Iowa. No real accountability taken other than "we need to listen"

The next genuine public remark made by someone on the football staff will be the first.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Holy crap...talk about going all in...with zero chips. And yet, a very self sacrificing way to isolate yourself from the rest of the staff...hmmmmm.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I would imagine that ****** statement is going to make it worse. More players speaking out, more examples from players that have spoke out, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron