Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Situations like this happen when a person is allowed free reign after being in charge over 2 decades. Freerents right now is the most important person in the EIU athletic program, and what he says goes. Don't think for a second that Barta will can him, not going to happen.
Freerents will sacrifice Doyle, allowing him to retire, and then they will announce some new rules to change the culture within the football program.
What this does more than anything is move up the retirement date for KF, he is 64 and will be 65 by the time the season starts. He might be thinking that after this year, its a good time to walk away, and allow his son to take over. Maybe hire the DC as an interim head coach with the idea that BF takes over after 3 to 5 years.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Situations like this happen when a person is allowed free reign after being in charge over 2 decades. Freerents right now is the most important person in the EIU athletic program, and what he says goes. Don't think for a second that Barta will can him, not going to happen.
Freerents will sacrifice Doyle, allowing him to retire, and then they will announce some new rules to change the culture within the football program.
What this does more than anything is move up the retirement date for KF, he is 64 and will be 65 by the time the season starts. He might be thinking that after this year, its a good time to walk away, and allow his son to take over. Maybe hire the DC as an interim head coach with the idea that BF takes over after 3 to 5 years.

No way they allow that to happen after all this.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
You are right but Iowa's hand will be forced in this one when they start losing commits and recruits stop considering Iowa. Unless players from other schools start mass posting in the same way about their respective school, all of the negative attention will solely be on Iowa which will affect their recruiting.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I think there are a few too many Cyclone fans taking glee over potential racial issues at Iowa simply because it's Iowa.

**** Iowa but racial issues in the mid-west do NOT shy from Ames.

I think most people have acknowledged that there have likely been incidents at ISU. Like at UI, we're also bringing young black athletes into a majority-white environment.

But with Iowa, the deluge of players coming forward is staggering and is indicative of a pervasive cultural problem in that program. I'd be shocked and sad if we had something like that come out here.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well there it is

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if BF was a total d-bag.... he just comes across as one every time he speaks. I've always thought KF seemed like a decent human being at least, but I've never had that feeling about BF.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
They wouldn't have to buy him out. He would be fired for cause

How is cause defined in his contract? The only part I recall is as long as he “only” loses 5 games per year they can’t fire him for performance.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Just wait until Colin Cowherd finds out about it.

giphy.gif

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
If I were a betting man, I'd say Doyle will be the sacrificial lamb. It's strange, though, that he'll be fired for making racist comments to players, and yet he wasn't disciplined at all for putting 13 players in the hospital. Not only was he not disciplined, he received the new Assistant Coach of the Year Award that Ferentz made up that year.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
"As I got on campus and in the program their true colors started to show. Iowa literally tells their players, We don't have to be nice, we got y'all here now. Once you sign that letter of intent, you are ours."

That's gonna sit real well with their recruits.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Bomani Jones from ESPN just said on National radio if there's enough to fire Doyle, Kirk should retire right away (not in a good way).

Reactions: CRcyclone6

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
There are a lot of good Iowa fans on twitter condemning this stuff, but man there is also a ton of trash out there in the replies as well. Twitter is a cesspool

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
As far as I know, neither Doyle nor anyone else has even been placed on leave at this point. That may say a lot about how Barta will be dealing with the situation.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
You are right but Iowa's hand will be forced in this one when they start losing commits and recruits stop considering Iowa. Unless players from other schools start mass posting in the same way about their respective school, all of the negative attention will solely be on Iowa which will affect their recruiting.

You may be right and they may lose a couple recruits over this, but if you fire freerents or he retires, you stand a very good chance to lose many of them.
If that happens the only ones you are going to retain are the hard core kids that always wanted to play at Iowa and therefore who the head coach is really does not matter.

Unless this really blows up, and there is a direct link to Freerents, he can survive this. Not saying he may just up and retire, but if he wants to coach at EIU next season, he will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.