***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Eastern has to sit out, right? If he does I’m not sure if that impacts JCL at all because I believe they still have one scholarship available.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
There has to be some tampering going on there. Kid wasn't in the portal 2 days and has a home with a conference rival no less

Kind of like NFL and NBA free agents all have $50+ million contracts in place somehow even though the free agency period has been going for <24 hours.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
There has to be some tampering going on there. Kid wasn't in the portal 2 days and has a home with a conference rival no less

Not really. I mean we landed Tyler Harris pretty darn quick after he entered the portal. Prior relationships help a ton. Wanting to play for an NBA coach that is well known. Ton's of reasons

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
@DraftExpress Georgetown's Mac McClung will enter the NCAA transfer portal, he told ESPN. "A number of different events made me feel I had no choice but to transfer from Georgetown." ESPN Story: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...hdraw-nba-draft-process-enter-transfer-portal

@DraftExpress McClung will be filing a waiver to play immediately, he told ESPN. He will also withdraw from the NBA Draft after conducting 11 interviews with NBA teams and scheduling 5 more.

I read that in the NBA evaluation process many teams wanted to see him at PG, and that he didn't think he'd get that opportunity at Georgetown. I know a place that needs a PG, and a coach with a pretty good track record with PGs...

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Did not initially see the date and was like WTF how does this kid still have eligibility.

Sorry if that was confusing haha. Figured that one was far enough removed.

Wild story that Spike played the game of his life as a freshmen in the National Championship loss to Louisville and then had a pretty unremarkable career. Injuries played a factor too if I remember correctly.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I read that in the NBA evaluation process many teams wanted to see him at PG, and that he didn't think he'd get that opportunity at Georgetown. I know a place that needs a PG, and a coach with a pretty good track record with PGs...

Don't disagree but ISU isn't listed in McClung's initial contact list.
"The schools that have reached out to McClung so far are Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Arkansas, USC, BYU, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Georgia, sources tell 247Sports."
https://247sports.com/college/baske...ung-Georgetown-Transfer-Basketball-147127366/

I haven't actually seen Prohm involved with any of the recent transfers, unlike back in April where it seemed ISU was associated with 4 out of 5 after they announced. The optimist in me leads me to think the staff is confident with a couple of names they are farther down the portal with.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Kind of like NFL and NBA free agents all have $50+ million contracts in place somehow even though the free agency period has been going for <24 hours.

The NFL has the "legal tampering period" before free agency opens to help it not look so obvious.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Don't disagree but ISU isn't listed in McClung's initial contact list.
"The schools that have reached out to McClung so far are Florida, Auburn, Texas A&M, Arkansas, USC, BYU, Wake Forest, Tennessee, Gonzaga, Utah, Arizona State, Oklahoma State and Georgia, sources tell 247Sports."
https://247sports.com/college/baske...ung-Georgetown-Transfer-Basketball-147127366/

I haven't actually seen Prohm involved with any of the recent transfers, unlike back in April where it seemed ISU was associated with 4 out of 5 after they announced. The optimist in me leads me to think the staff is confident with a couple of names they are farther down the portal with.

That doesn’t mean we won’t reach out, that or we did and he didn’t care to mention us.

But hopefully that means they think they can get Harris a waiver, and/or feel good about the three known guys we are linked to. Also maybe someone we don’t know about.

Or maybe they think they can get a recruit or two in next years class to reclassify... although most don’t like big classes(not that it matters much these days).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron