Get your stimulus check payment

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Seeing the "small businesses" that got gigantic ppp loans instead of my small company of 30 employees has led me to think of my stimulus check like a lottery ticket I have extremely low odds of winning with.
This is America, **** the little guy.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I still have not got my check in the mail. Anyone know a number I can call? Also, are they giving us a second check anytime or has that not been voted on yet?

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I was in same situation until just three days ago when my wife and I suddenly were recognized by the system. Didn't get an expected payment date that I've heard others talking about though.

I guess just try it every day or two.

I had the same issue, but this post reminded me to go check the IRS website again, and it worked! I could access the adding a bank account portion now. Sweet!

Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I had the same issue, but this post reminded me to go check the IRS website again, and it worked! I could access the adding a bank account portion now. Sweet!

It just doesn't recognize your SS# and then one day it does.

Nothing changed with our status. We had filed before the stimulus checks started. Just one day it will recognize you and the day before it didn't.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
So my dad passed away in June 2018. I filed his 2018 tax return and marked it as deceased and signed it as the executor.

Today I received his stimulus check made out to:

Pay to the order of: T____ H Schroeder DECD
Curtis Schroeder

I am really tempted to sign and deposit it since my name is on the check.

What is preventing me from doing this is the envelope that a box to check and remail if the recipient is deceased with a warning "Forgery of endorsements on Treasury checks is a Federal crime. Maximum penalty is a $10,000 fine and ten years imprisonment".

Technically I wouldn't be forging it since I am on the check and can endorse it. And they obviously know my dad is deceased since they have "deceased" right on the check".

I need some of that world famous legal advice
Better call Saul!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Payment was deposited in my account today.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Last Thursday and Friday the website was down for a little while for updates and after that a bunch of people said it started working for them. I'm sure they had little time to test this thing so they are fixing issues on the fly. Its actually pretty crazy when you think a project like this would probably have at least a 6 month development window under a time crunch and they got it up and running in weeks.

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
122 million sent. 28 million to go.

Where my elite brothers in the last checks club?

Still waiting here. At least the web site has upgraded me from "who the heck are you" to "we'll eventually get you a deposit date".

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
We received our "You're welcome letter" in the mail today. I wonder how much money was spent on those letters.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
We are still waiting also for a "deposit date" to be provided on the Get My Payment website. I have come to the conclusion that any one factor can set you back. If you filed your 2019 taxes and requested a DD refund, I think you went to the front of the line. If you filed 2018 taxes and requested a DD refund, I think you were next in line. If you were anything else, then every factor that made you harder to classify moved you further and further back in line.

We never get refunds, so the IRS has no bank info for us. Strike one. A couple weeks ago they announced that if you received Social Security, then the IRS will eventually go to the SSA to get your bank info. So, if both you and your spouse received Social Security payments in 2018 and/or 2019, then you probably got your stimulus money this week, I think.

However, my wife got Social Security but I didn't (I'm just a kid yet). So I figure that threw us into a reject pile, further back to the end of the line. So, while they should have been able to get our bank info from SSA, because I was an oddity they put us back in the Get My Payment queue. About a week ago, they finally revised our status to "eligible" but we need your bank info. So I tried several times to enter my bank info, but each time got an error message saying the system was not working.

Then the system locked me out saying I had tried too many times. So the system was failing, kept telling me to "try again later." But then locked me out because I kept trying again later.

I think last Saturday or Sunday I finally got the system to accept my bank info, and like others have noted, I am now waiting for them to assign me a date when the money will be deposited.

So, as some have said, I think it is impressive that they were even able to get a functioning website as quickly as they did. But as with anytime you are dealing with government, it has been slow, illogical and there is nowhere you can go for help such as "why does it say you are unable to determine if I am even eligible?" We are retired (and you know it), we have almost no income other than Social Security (and you know it), it should have been blatantly obvious to you from the outset that we were eligible.

So, as I have explained, I can only assume that they built in all these checkpoints into the system and every time you failed a checkpoint, it kicked you out of line and sent you back to be further evaluated at a later date. So, bottom line, did the CARES Act stimulate the economy, which was the stated goal? From my standpoint, no, but for the millions of people who got their payments early on, I don't know if I have really heard anyone address the success of this bill. Maybe it is still too soon to know.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Haven't gotten my check yet. Honestly not sure when it is supposed to come; I heard it could be a while, but that was a few weeks ago.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Entered my bank account info. So I will either get cash or have some dude loot my account. Stimulation now on the horizon.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Entered my bank account info. So I will either get cash or have some dude loot my account. Stimulation now on the horizon.

If you see a transaction called "CYCHED ENTERPRISES LLC" don't sweat it. You'll be rich in a few years if you hang in there

Reactions: BCClone