***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Would love a CW "nugget" on Brown from Wake Forest right about now.

Him and JCL. As we've found out, first we have to know if Steve has even offered before we see if we're on their short list.

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Any chance or interest in Cam Mack from Hoiball? Guy had some solid numbers only a few hours west.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We really need more 2 scores if we want to make the 2021 NCAA Tournament. Javon would be a home-run get.

I agree with @CyTwins . He'll be getting offers from schools two classes above our weight class
Assuming Harris is eligible and Javon Johnson is the player I'm hearing he is, I don't think we'll necessarily need more scoring to be good offensively if we'd add Brown. We'd have a score first PG in Harris, a good scorer in Bolton at the 2, Brown at the 3, Johnson at the 4, and Solo at the 5. Off the bench you have Jackson, Conditt, Foster, and I'd assume one of Dubar or Blackwell.

Offensively, I don't really see many holes there. It's the defense that worries me more because that's been a consistent issue no matter what our roster has been. The important factors above though are that Harris is immediately eligible, Brown is a Cyclone obviously, and Johnson plays to his potential. I think that group I just mentioned gets us to the tournament and adding 1 or 2 more capable guys would be icing on the cake and make us even more of a threat.

Reactions: Cyforce

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Assuming Harris is eligible and Javon Johnson is the player I'm hearing he is, I don't think we'll necessarily need more scoring to be good offensively if we'd add Brown. We'd have a score first PG in Harris, a good scorer in Bolton at the 2, Brown at the 3, Johnson at the 4, and Solo at the 5. Off the bench you have Jackson, Conditt, Foster, and I'd assume one of Dubar or Blackwell.

Offensively, I don't really see many holes there. It's the defense that worries me more because that's been a consistent issue no matter what our roster has been. The important factors above though are that Harris is immediately eligible, Brown is a Cyclone obviously, and Johnson plays to his potential. I think that group I just mentioned gets us to the tournament and adding 1 or 2 more capable guys would be icing on the cake and make us even more of a threat.

I don't think the staff (or fans) should assume that Harris or any current sit out transfer will be eligible. Even though there have been rumors immediate eligibility could be voted on the NCAA decision are pretty random with their decisions.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't think the staff (or fans) should assume that Harris or any current sit out transfer will be eligible. Even though there have been rumors immediate eligibility could be voted on the NCAA decision are pretty random with their decisions.
Fair. I kind of have a feeling due to the current state of things and how the season played out last year, that ruling is going to be moved up for this coming year.

spk123

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Des Moines

Only drawbacks would be his atrocious three point shooting (which, granted, is important within the context of our current team) and the fact that he's pretty skinny, but besides that, he'd be a home run pickup. Great steals and rebounding numbers, and seemingly gets wherever he wants to when driving to the lane.

Help Support Us

Become a patron