BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Going to do some educational things in this recession. Having each of my kids pick a company and I'm buying one share for them and they get to keep profit and dividends. Before I had a chance to set the parameters, my son jumped the gun and requested Berkshire hathaway. He got a no on that one. Told them to find a hundred bucks or less company.

So my youngest mentions Caseys, so I pull it up and it was down 13% in overnight, started scrambling to see what the problem was. Nothing, just turns out that one person is trying to buy 20 bucks under the market in overnights and one is trying to sell at 20 bucks over the market. Had me excited for a bit.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Going to do some educational things in this recession. Having each of my kids pick a company and I'm buying one share for them and they get to keep profit and dividends. Before I had a chance to set the parameters, my son jumped the gun and requested Berkshire hathaway. He got a no on that one. Told them to find a hundred bucks or less company.

So my youngest mentions Caseys, so I pull it up and it was down 13% in overnight, started scrambling to see what the problem was. Nothing, just turns out that one person is trying to buy 20 bucks under the market in overnights and one is trying to sell at 20 bucks over the market. Had me excited for a bit.
You don't have 300k to drop on Berkshire?

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Especially after the unemployment numbers I’m worried that we’ve already hit the bottom. What do others think?

Fed pretty much guarantees that by pumping $2.5T more into the market. This entire thing is rigged.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
giphy.gif

Reactions: BCClone

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
You are just figuring that out?

At least in 2008 they let it settle a bit, this is insane right now. Unemployment is way over projections. We cannot let the rich people lose any money, so lets inflate everything.

joker

Oct 4, 2012
I made $7000 on MFA this morning and cashed out. Then I got greedy and bought back in at the top right before it went down. I had a meeting so didn't keep my eye on it and ended up losing everything I made and then about $7000 more. I should know better than to be greedy. Take my massive profit and walk away. But im too stupid to do that.

I ran some numbers from January until now and if I didn't touch a thing I'd have $X based on SP500 returns . But since I tried to day trade I'm $X-$6200 . At one point I was $X + $20,000 so obviously I am trying to hard to make too much and simply gambling. I'm gonna cash out of my short term stocks tomorrow and only keep my ETFs going forward .

Oddly enough, in my Roth account that doesn't allow trading on margin I am $X+$3,000. Clearly trading in margin has hurt me.
MFA, never heard of it, until this post.
I bought some MFA, it dropped, I bought some more and watched it drop to close to $1/share.
Just sold everything to lock in close to $6k in profits.

More stock tips? I trust everything I read on the interwebs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Bought Marriott way too soon. If I would have waited a couple days, it has recovered over 50% from its bottom this week.

Reactions: cycloneG

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
At least in 2008 they let it settle a bit, this is insane right now. Unemployment is way over projections. We cannot let the rich people lose any money, so lets inflate everything.

It's not that- they have to do that. They're putting duct tape all over the house of cards they've built, because if one big enough thing goes, it all goes.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
It's not that- they have to do that. They're putting duct tape all over the house of cards they've built, because if one big enough thing goes, it all goes.

So let it all go now, so we can recover slowly like 2008. I am in this for the next 30 years.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
This afternoon could see an epic sell off with the markets being closed tomorrow for Good Friday. Will investors take their profits or hold over a 3 day weekend, hmmmm?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This afternoon could see an epic sell off with the markets being closed tomorrow for Good Friday. Will investors take their profits or hold over a 3 day weekend, hmmmm?

Crap, I didn't think about being closed good Friday. That moves tomorrow to today. Yes, it has been a good week, I am now scared of what the 2 o'clock situation will be like.

EDIT: Thought about trading this thing a bit, think I'm just logging out and taking the beating today and hope to recover next week.

Last edited: