***Official 2019-2020 Transfer Thread***

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Steve has a couple of these guys on his line, now he just needs to reel em in. I will be so much more optimistic if we can land a few of these targets.

you're already optimistic. we need some studs for the other 95% of the fanbase.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
you're already optimistic. we need some studs for the other 95% of the fanbase.
I'm more optimistic than most, but I'm also realistic. If we don't get help we're screwed. If we do get help we're going to have to be able to fix some issues before we'll be where we all want us to be.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Bolton and Jackson can shoot. We kind of have to assume Johnson can.

We can afford to give a little on shooting for the sake of having a dependable PG to run the offense and somebody to shore us up on defense.
So like another prentis nixon?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Steve's certainly working his ass off on these transfers, I'll give him that
It’d be like your boss giving you a review and saying, I need to see major improvements this next quarter or you’re gone. It would probably make you work your ass off too.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Mooney was legit. But the reason he is brought up constantly is that Prohm passed on him to bring in Nixon. The consensus is that Steve chose... poorly.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
So like another prentis nixon?

Yeah, but, umm, like, you know, good. Right?

Mooney is pretty overrated.

Mooney pulled a 2.2 PRPG! on Bart Torvik at Texas Tech.

For context, that same year, our guards --

4.8 = Shayok
4.4 = Haliburton
3.5 = Wigginton
2.9 = Weiler-Babb
2.3 = Horton-Tucker

Mooney would have been the worst of them or, at least, not obviously better than any of them. Maybe better than "bad Talen," but basically anybody was.

Speaking of those guards...

Mooney was legit. But the reason he is brought up constantly is that Prohm passed on him to bring in Nixon. The consensus is that Steve chose... poorly.

I have never heard Mooney wanted to commit to Iowa State. I heard he wanted to go somewhere that could offer him more automatic playing time and, given our guards (see above), that was going to be an uphill climb for him in Ames.

We might have backed out at the shot at him, but I do not think we backed out of taking a commitment that he offered up to join us. Nixon was mostly a mistake, yes, but I think one that is independent of what happened with Mooney.

Considering the guard talent we did have, I am not sure we really missed him. He might have sunk back in the rotation pretty badly once Wigginton was healthy again, but he might have been nice to have when he was out. Maybe we do not lose a winnable game like Arizona if we have him, but he does not profoundly affect the season.

Last edited:

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

That isn't what happened.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Steve can definitely sell playing time. We'll see if it matters.[/QUOTE -CloneGuy8]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach should be used to promising playing time. He does it every time.

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
Steve can definitely sell playing time. We'll see if it matters.[/QUOTE -CloneGuy8]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coach should be used to promising playing time. He does it every time.
Unless your name is Terrance Lewis

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
3rd best scorer on the Big 12 Regular season champs and National runnner-up. I think he was pretty solid.
11 pts a game. 21 total 3s in Big 12 play. Nixon had 20 and Jackson had 22 last season. Pretty solid role player, yes.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Darius Perry, Justin Turner, and Brendan Barry would be a great start.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron