Santa Clara graduate transfer Tahj Eaddy ISU in Top 5.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't love Tahj Eaddy's advanced stats nor small frame.

McGowens is a different story. He hasn't put it completely together offensively yet but he already was one of the best defenders in the ACC. You're out of your mind if you wouldn't take McGowens with 4 spots to fill.
"But he can't shoot" lol.

The dude can play defense, he can score at the rim, and he is long and athletic. All of those things that we desperately need. We didn't suck last year because we couldn't shoot the 3. We sucked last year because we had a ton of guys who were constantly outmatched on the defensive side of the ball. Shooting the 3 would've helped us keep games closer, but we would've still lost and gave up a ton of points.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I mean, I’m not saying he’s terrible, but bringing in Prentiss Nixon 2.0 to play as our Sg next year isn’t helping us. Other teams have players to compliment him more than likely. We need shooters in the worst way since Prohm teams can’t really do anything else well.

Nixon was at the time a pretty big get. CW touted him as our likely primary scorer.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Man, when the "Every recruit is good because the coach offered them and only that reason alone" crowd doesn't even bother to show up for a thread on a player that's mostly getting bashed you know something's up

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Many of you can sleep easier tonight, Tahj won't be playing for ISU next year.

@jakeweingarten Source: Santa Clara graduate transfer Tahj Eaddy has committed to USC. Andy Enfield with a major guard pickup for the Trojans. Immediately eligible.
"major guard pickup" ?????? I must be missing something here

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Of the people we are in on this one doesn't hurt too bad. I just hope it isn't foreshadowing for a bunch of swing-and-misses on transfers.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
  • Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I don't buy the "not a priority" argument. We have 4 scholarships to fill, with at least 3 of those needing to go to immediately available guys. I frankly think we'd be lucky to get one out of Perry, Aiken and Barry, and maybe one JuCo. I think we'd absolutely take a guy like Eaddy.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I don't buy the "not a priority" argument. We have 4 scholarships to fill, with at least 3 of those needing to go to immediately available guys. I frankly think we'd be lucky to get one out of Perry, Aiken and Barry, and maybe one JuCo. I think we'd absolutely take a guy like Eaddy.
We'll be able to get a guy like Eaddy several weeks from now, if necessary. Why should we settle so early in the process? I'm not predicting we'll get four better transfers than Eaddy. But taking him now would signal a very pessimistic outlook from our coaching staff.

Reactions: heitclone