Santa Clara graduate transfer Tahj Eaddy ISU in Top 5.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Getting players to buy into roles and figuring out a strategy for ball screen defense is significantly more important than snagging a JUCO or grad transfer that shot 40% from 3 at their previous stop. Bolton and Nixon proved they could shoot the 3 in conference play but it didn't matter when we couldn't guard anyone
Nixon proved he could shoot the 3 in conference play? Now that is hilarious. I guess I’m not going to get super excited about a shooting guard who averages 11 ppg and shoots 36% from the field and 31% from 3 while turning the ball over 3 times a game. If that’s our big transfer get for next year, we are totally screwed.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
McGowens is sit one play two. He would be a great get. I’m less concerned about a guy that has played two years in the ACC and scored over 20 points seven times during that period. This type of player has the potential to be a monster.

He is not comparable in anyway to Eaddy. Who is 6”2 and maybe 165 pounds.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nixon proved he could shoot the 3 in conference play? Now that is hilarious. I guess I’m not going to get super excited about a shooting guard who averages 11 ppg and shoots 36% from the field and 31% from 3 while turning the ball over 3 times a game. If that’s our big transfer get for next year, we are totally screwed.

Definitely meant Jackson not Nixon

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
This is probably the type of transfer player we are in the running for at this point. Getting all conference type transfers to play at ISU right now is a pipe dream. Why would they come here?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well yea since we are reaching out to every transfer out there and hoping they are interested. If you don’t think Prohm is desperate right now to get guys, you are more clueless than I thought.
Prohm's desperate to find high level guys, that's true. Going after the Pitt guy is not being desperate at all considering his long list of suitors.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Remember when we were crushed when we lost a recruit we wanted to Hawaii? It seems like we're getting back to that point.
Yeah I don't see Prohm going after one guy yet that is thinking of transferring to a mid major school so I think we're fine right now.

Why would players want to come to Iowa State someone asked? Because Prohm's going to put you into an opportunity to showcase your skills / abilities. Shayok, Bolton, Nixon, Jacobson. Those are the last 4 transfers to player here. Every single one of them were a focal point on their respective teams. Sure, Nixon and Jacobson didn't exactly work out as they should've this year, but they were still starting and getting a ton of significant minutes.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
020g.png

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
I mean, I’m not saying he’s terrible, but bringing in Prentiss Nixon 2.0 to play as our Sg next year isn’t helping us. Other teams have players to compliment him more than likely. We need shooters in the worst way since Prohm teams can’t really do anything else well.

Nixon shot 26% from 3 last year, and that is with a hot finish. Eaddy has never shot worse than 33.3%, which is pretty comparable to Bolton and Tre over the last year. In conference play last year, Eaddy shot over 36% from 3, and in prior years he'd been more in the 40% range.

We have the slots open. I say go get this guy and Ellis from Florida (and hopefully an immediately eligible PG as well).

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Yeah I don't see Prohm going after one guy yet that is thinking of transferring to a mid major school so I think we're fine right now.

Why would players want to come to Iowa State someone asked? Because Prohm's going to put you into an opportunity to showcase your skills / abilities. Shayok, Bolton, Nixon, Jacobson. Those are the last 4 transfers to player here. Every single one of them were a focal point on their respective teams. Sure, Nixon and Jacobson didn't exactly work out as they should've this year, but they were still starting and getting a ton of significant minutes.

Jacobson was recruited over at Nebby for 2 years, he finally saw the writing on the wall and left. He wasn't even the Prohm's first choice for players from Nebraska that year.

• Disagree
Reactions: jcisuclones

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Jacobson was recruited over at Nebby for 2 years, he finally saw the writing on the wall and left. He wasn't even the Prohm's first choice for players from Nebraska that year.
Yeah that wasn't exactly my point. My point was that a lot of our transfers have seen very good minutes here. Some have obviously succeeded a lot more due to their ability, but we still are a nice landing spot for guys that want to play at a high level, on a big stage, and in a great arena.

Reactions: isu83

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
A lot want him cause he was a 4 star guy out of high school. He hasn’t panned out as well in college.

I don't love Tahj Eaddy's advanced stats nor small frame.

McGowens is a different story. He hasn't put it completely together offensively but he already was one of the best defenders in the ACC. You're out of your mind if you wouldn't take McGowens with 4 spots to fill.