Who is renewing their MBB season tickets?

Are you renewing your MBB season tickets.

• Yes

Votes: 76 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 44 28.4%
  • I'll decide closer to renewal time

Votes: 35 22.6%

• Total voters

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
We are actually considering switching to UNI season tickets. We are the same distance to both schools, and as we get older we appreciate the family atmosphere at UNI more and more. (also we have a daughter at UNI as well). I am an ISU grad, have been a life long ISU fan...but Prohm does not have the heart of ISU...he has the heart for himself...and his teams play that way. IMO.

prohm may not be a good coach or the right fit here. But to say he doesn’t have the heart of iowa state and is just out for himself is ludicrous. He cares deeply for iowa state and probably to a fault blames himself for things out of his control.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
We are actually considering switching to UNI season tickets. We are the same distance to both schools, and as we get older we appreciate the family atmosphere at UNI more and more. (also we have a daughter at UNI as well). I am an ISU grad, have been a life long ISU fan...but Prohm does not have the heart of ISU...he has the heart for himself...and his teams play that way. IMO.

We have beer :)

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We have beer :)

6f70b0a96e184a36c7f254f3e36d4f46.gif

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Never had them, so no I will not renew. I live in Ames but with 2 daughters who play in every sport, dance, gymnastics, etc. I don't have the time.

• Friendly
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy$ and NWICY

allday4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 25, 2012
Waterloo, IA
Nope. Unless Haliburton stays, Carton signs and is eligible, and sign another stud transfer. Won't happen

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Sounds like a lot of your recreational time/budget is already spoken for but I don't know your whole situation. Enjoy the recitals, games etc they grow up fast.

Oh ya, its all good they love it so thats what we do now. Now I don't love it all but hey what are you going to do. ;)

Edit if you would have told me I would miss ISU for anything 10 years ago I would have told you, you were crazy. But here we are. lol

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I would have said the same thing when I was younger...but as I get older I appreciate:

Parking close to the arena.
Small crowd.
Better seats and view of the court for significantly less money.
Not as negative of a crowd.
Better team basketball.

Hard to argue with that.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Never had them, so no I will not renew. I live in Ames but with 2 daughters who play in every sport, dance, gymnastics, etc. I don't have the time.
We didn't have FB until 2000 and MBB until around 2003 for the very same reasons. Disposable income is limited when you have active kids.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCrazy

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Oh ya, its all good they love it so thats what we do now. Now I don't love it all but hey what are you going to do. ;)

Edit if you would have told me I would miss ISU for anything 10 years ago I would have told you, you were crazy. But here we are. lol
We used to say "We don't have a life. We have kids." Now, we laugh at our kids when they make the same comments about their busy "lives". :D

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm and CyCrazy

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Lots of whining in the off season so far and the transfer market is just opening up. Who is keeping their season tickets for mbb? Not worried about your donor level or if you are changing it just if your keeping your tickets.

I've had mine for a long time through many coaches and many seasons. I'm in next yr. Don't know what the season will bring (hopefully better than what most are thinking), but I'm in anyway.

Whatever decision you make no judgement from me we all have out own lives to lead.
Absolutely renewing.
No reason not too.
Loyal Son Forever True - don’t sing it if you don’t mean it

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
We used to say "We don't have a life. We have kids." Now, we laugh at our kids when they make the same comments about their busy "lives". :D

Weird my parents say the same thing! Now my parents jet set around everywhere. Well not now they were supposed to go to Belgium to see my sister but that is off.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I would love to be able to purchase BB tickets, went to two games this past season, but living 120 miles one way from Ames and still working, just cannot make it work.
Still keeping my four seats for FB for another year.

Do you think it would be possible to get decent seats for BB, upper level, row 10 or lower next year.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
UNI’s atmosphere sucks.
I like the fact you can buy a ticket for $10 and sit about anywhere you want after the 1st media timeout. Just enough people for a decent atmosphere but even this year MVC games were little more than half full. Went to a couple games with my 10 year old son and sat right behind the visiting teams bench. Really get a feel for the speed of the game and can hear a lot of the coach and bench talk when you sit that close.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I would love to be able to purchase BB tickets, went to two games this past season, but living 120 miles one way from Ames and still working, just cannot make it work.
Still keeping my four seats for FB for another year.

Do you think it would be possible to get decent seats for BB, upper level, row 10 or lower next year.

There will be plenty of those available in the middle sections but donation level is $1,000 to $2,500 for them.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron