Who is renewing their MBB season tickets?

Are you renewing your MBB season tickets.

• Yes

Votes: 76 49.0%
  • No

Votes: 44 28.4%
  • I'll decide closer to renewal time

Votes: 35 22.6%

• Total voters

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Loyal forever true! We bought our 4 corner balcony seats for $99 a seat during one of the crappy Wayne Morgan years and have renewed every year so don't see that changing. This isn't a time to bail on our program, we will be good again at some point and those who did not renew will be kicking themselves later when tickets are hard to come by again.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
We are actually considering switching to UNI season tickets. We are the same distance to both schools, and as we get older we appreciate the family atmosphere at UNI more and more. (also we have a daughter at UNI as well). I am an ISU grad, have been a life long ISU fan...but Prohm does not have the heart of ISU...he has the heart for himself...and his teams play that way. IMO.

This makes me want to puke. "life long ISU fan" until now. Have fun at the high school gym where the Iowa JV Hawkeyes play.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I like the fact you can buy a ticket for $10 and sit about anywhere you want after the 1st media timeout. Just enough people for a decent atmosphere but even this year MVC games were little more than half full. Went to a couple games with my 10 year old son and sat right behind the visiting teams bench. Really get a feel for the speed of the game and can hear a lot of the coach and bench talk when you sit that close.

That's really cool. You do know that you can hear the same level of coach speak at a local JV high school game in your home town too, right? Actually I take that back, Illinois State is probably just a touch above that level but not much. Either way you can really hear those sneakers squeaking getting to sit that close in a big time arena like UNI has!!!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
prohm may not be a good coach or the right fit here. But to say he doesn’t have the heart of iowa state and is just out for himself is ludicrous. He cares deeply for iowa state and probably to a fault blames himself for things out of his control.

100%. Prohm has done more off the court stuff for the program (like the alumni weekend) than any other coach in the history of the program. That's why a lot of us are extremely bummed at what appears to be happening.

As far as getting tickets, yup. Although we'd talked about bumping up our seats (we've been in the corners forever) and I don't think I'm in for that now.

CyVolk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2017
Yup, will be renewing. Looking forward to next season. I enjoy watching any Cyclone event. The ebb and flow of any sports program makes the highs so much sweeter. Enjoying football now.

There will be lots of drama in men's basketball next year. By mid-season, we will either feel the ship is righted or it will be sinking and a search will be on for a new captain. I'm cautiously optimistic. But, whatever happens, it's just one source of entertainment.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
100%. Prohm has done more off the court stuff for the program (like the alumni weekend) than any other coach in the history of the program. That's why a lot of us are extremely bummed at what appears to be happening.

As far as getting tickets, yup. Although we'd talked about bumping up our seats (we've been in the corners forever) and I don't think I'm in for that now.
We're staying in the corners even though our donor level could take us out of there. Right now we're in the 9th row. Don't want to move up to the 16th just to get a side view! Besides, we sit with people we met when we all first got seated with season tickets...we'd miss them!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
We're staying in the corners even though our donor level could take us out of there. Right now we're in the 9th row. Don't want to move up to the 16th just to get a side view! Besides, we sit with people we met when we all first got seated with season tickets...we'd miss them!

Our third kid aged up - in order to get 5 seats together we'll have to move anyway. Thought this would be the year to just go up to the sides, but we'll just ride it out in the corners. We're row 14, so we've really got nowhere to go but up.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
UNI is a better program with better players right now. They’ll def. be more fun to watch. Even Drake is more fun to watch.

There is a difference between basing your fandom on "how fun the team will be to watch" vs. being loyal through thick and thin. That's like simply drifting around and cheering for whoever is the best in every sport each year (which some idiots actually do). As someone else said, good riddance, go watch MVC basketball and join that bandwagon. Talk about pathetic.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
There is a difference between basing your fandom on "how fun the team will be to watch" vs. being loyal through thick and thin. That's like simply drifting around and cheering for whoever is the best in every sport each year (which some idiots actually do). As someone else said, good riddance, go watch MVC basketball and join that bandwagon. Talk about pathetic.

You're talking about spending entertainment dollars and discounting on the level of fun those dollars bring. There's absolute an element where the fun plays an important role in spending that money.

Reactions: ripvdub

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

It is crazy how once you maintain season tickets for awhile in FB or BB you get to know the people around you and you start to have a connection to that area. One year for FB we moved down about 3 or 4 rows in our section and the people that sat around us gave us all kinds of crap the 1st game. Now we can't hardly think about looking for better seats without checking with the people around us if they are going to move with us if we find a pocket of seats to upgrade to. For basketball we aren't quite as connected to the people around us but pretty much everyone all around us have had those tickets for around the same amount of time too.

The nice thing about Hilton is no matter what seat you have you still are part of one of the best atmospheres in college basketball. There are no obstructed views and even if you are sitting in the top row you still will feel like you are part of the game. Johnny Orr brought us Hilton Magic and every coach since him has had a some Hilton Magic moments as well as some trying times. Don't let 1 bad season be the reason you bail on this program. If anything its the down times we need the fan support more than ever to show up and give potential recruits a reason to come to ISU.