Friday OT #1 - I Had Some Time Alone

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
This has been devastating for me. I work in the restaurant industry so this week my job went away. No income coming in, worried about how this affects my health insurance through work. I've struggled with depression and this is putting those issues into hyperdrive.

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
I am awfully god damn glad I live in a rural area with lots of beautiful outdoor recreation opportunities right now. Having to do this in a city would be torture.

For the first three days of WFH, weather was nice and I was able to go for bike rides. Then yesterday we had a blizzard. In 24 hours I'm turning into Jack Torrance

giphy.gif

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Basically just going to work and back home for me. I didn't have a ton of person-to-person interaction with my co-workers, but it's all same-time and e-mails and phone calls now. My wife is working from home and staying with the offspring since Kansas cancelled in-person school for the remainder of the year.

• Friendly
Reactions: SCyclone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I've washed my hands more in the past week than I probably had in the previous 5 years.
I'm washing my hands the same as I always do because I have always washed my hands. I'm using hand sanitizer much much more though. Of course I am in the office which is pretty darn desolate. Not looking forward to the weekend and being cooped up in the house most of the time. Hopefully the weather is good enough to take walks.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Both the vixen and I go to work every day. We are both in the construction industry, but work in comparably small offices. Our walk-in traffic has dwindled - especially the cash customers - and the phone doesn't ring nearly as much.

The one thing we have both missed is going to our favorite Mexican restaurant. We both LOVE Mexican food. So next week we are going to call in an order and pick it up. We are both hoping that Raoul and Delfina (the owners, we are good friends with them) will survive this....because the alternative is too $hitty to think about.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean and Angie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Both the vixen and I go to work every day. We are both in the construction industry, but work in comparably small offices. Our walk-in traffic has dwindled - especially the cash customers - and the phone doesn't ring nearly as much.

The one thing we have both missed is going to our favorite Mexican restaurant. We both LOVE Mexican food. So next week we are going to call in an order and pick it up. We are both hoping that Raoul and Delfina (the owners, we are good friends with them) will survive this....because the alternative is too $hitty to think about.
If you want good Mexican, go to the new one in Eagle Grove, Sophia does a fantastic job and makes sure service is good. Was disappointed when she moved.

• Informative
Reactions: SCyclone

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
My office has off-site storage, so I am able to do some work in that building with one other person (who is not in my department, so we don't really cross paths). I need to physically be around my job in order to do it, so I am grateful to have the opportunity to do this. Just need to cross my fingers they don't decide to shut this down entirely. There is only so much I can do at home besides a LOT of proof-reading e-files and reading manuals. It's nice to not be stuck at home, though, and have someplace to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Angie

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If you want good Mexican, go to the new one in Eagle Grove, Sophia does a fantastic job and makes sure service is good. Was disappointed when she moved.

Any idea what the name of it is?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Any idea what the name of it is?

Believe she went with Jalapeno for Eagle Grove. Her son was supposed to manage her original one, but that didn't quite work so she kept the new one and rented (or sold) her old one.