All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Yeah that is really the only one I disagree with
Are we going with the Campbell does more with less line of thinking? I think he's a good young coach and all but he really hasn't accomplished much yet as far as conference or bowl titles.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Are we going with the Campbell does more with less line of thinking? I think he's a good young coach and all but he really hasn't accomplished much yet as far as conference or bowl titles.

Ferentz is 80 years old and has never won an outright conference title

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
I disagree
tumblr_lxoftot0N11qk0lxso1_500.gifv

• Funny
Reactions: TRYHARDER

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Campbell is 40 and probably never will win one at ISU. Maybe he moves on at some point and accomplishes some things?
Keyword, probably. Assuming he stays, he has 30+ years to outright win one. Fertenz doesn't have that. I don't understand why you think it's not possible?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Keyword, probably. Assuming he stays, he has 30+ years to outright win one. Fertenz doesn't have that. I don't understand why you think it's not possible?
Odds are he's not there that long. If he stays for 30+ years the odds definitely go up. I never said it wasn't possible. He's been there 4 years already I would bet the under on him making to 10 years. I understand that maybe he has fallen in love with coaching there and could stay forever but very few coaches do that.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Odds are he's not there that long. If he stays for 30+ years the odds definitely go up. I never said it wasn't possible. He's been there 4 years already I would bet the under on him making to 10 years. I understand that maybe he has fallen in love with coaching there and could stay forever but very few coaches do that.
Why are the odds that he isn't there long? Because other coaches haven't?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Why are the odds that he isn't there long? Because other coaches haven't?
Not at just ISU but anywhere. How many coaches ever get to 20 years? damn few. Odds are the next Hawkeye coach won't be there that long either. There are too many variables. AD changes, NFL calls, another school makes an offer they can't refuse, or even just a string of under performing seasons and they get let go. Maybe the stars align and Campbell grows old and gray in Ames but the odds are against it.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not at just ISU but anywhere. How many coaches ever get to 20 years? damn few. Odds are the next Hawkeye coach won't be there that long either. There are too many variables. AD changes, NFL calls, another school makes an offer they can't refuse, or even just a string of under performing seasons and they get let go. Maybe the stars align and Campbell grows old and gray in Ames but the odds are against it.

You think it's crazy to say Iowa State can win a Big 12 championship in the next 5 years or so?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No crazier than saying the Hawkeyes will. If I had to bet on either I would bet NO.

Well yeah you don't have a top 15 coach though.

You realize Iowa State can lose multiple games during the season and still win a conference championship right? Same with Iowa

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Well yeah you don't have a top 15 coach though.

You realize Iowa State can lose multiple games during the season and still win a conference championship right? Same with Iowa
Chris Klieman is not on that list and I think KSU is just as likely as you are to win the BIG 12 in the next 5-6 seasons. You should be better than them next year but who knows after that.

• Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5