All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
My guess would be NR due to heavy losses in personnel. Replacing your QB and best defensive player could make for an extremely tough season not to mention actually having to play some of the better teams in your conference this coming season
Very possible. I don't really like when rankings are influenced by scheduling but it's always going to happen to some extent. Road games at OSU and PSU have you starting the season at 0-2 in some peoples minds.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Very possible. I don't really like when rankings are influenced by scheduling but it's always going to happen to some extent. Road games at OSU and PSU have you starting the season at 0-2 in some peoples minds.
Agreed on the influencing, its dumb but will never stop. Actually, in my opinion, Iowa could be looking at a 4 game losing streak. I know Northwestern has always given your teams fits and surely they got to be better than last years disaster. Michigan state could be a toss up given the turmoil that is happening there right now. They might end up being a disaster next year, they are a wild card at this point. But traditionally the last decade, they have been pretty good. There is a real possibility come November Iowa is 2-6 at worst

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Agreed on the influencing, its dumb but will never stop. Actually, in my opinion, Iowa could be looking at a 4 game losing streak. I know Northwestern has always given your teams fits and surely they got to be better than last years disaster. Michigan state could be a toss up given the turmoil that is happening there right now. They might end up being a disaster next year, they are a wild card at this point. But traditionally the last decade, they have been pretty good. There is a real possibility come November Iowa is 2-6 at worst
Not a great schedule to break a new QB in with.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Bump. What, don't want to go on record with your prediction? You sure love to hammer everyone else for theirs
Don't recall hammering you for a game by game prediction at all. But what the hell.
Iowa W's - UNI, ISU, N. Illinois, Mich St, Northwestern, Nebraska, Purdue
L's - @Minn, @Ohio St, @ Penn St, @ Illinois, Wisc

ISU W's - S Dakota, UNLV, Tech, Kansas, Kansas St, TCU, W Virginia
L's - @iowa, @Okla St, Oklahoma, Baylor, @texas

Both teams 7-5. Hammer away.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Don't recall hammering you for a game by game prediction at all. But what the hell.

You think Iowa loses to Illinois?

I almost agree with your ISU prediction except Baylor. Game is a ISU, Baylor lost a ton, and more importantly it lost their coach. I think they will be down big time

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You think Iowa loses to Illinois?

I almost agree with your ISU prediction except Baylor. Game is a ISU, Baylor lost a ton, and more importantly it lost their coach. I think they will be down big time
There's 3 or 4 that could easily go either way. Illinois game is on the road so I just went with that game for the L. They seemed like maybe they started to turn the corner last year. Wasn't sure about the Baylor game. I know Brewer is coming back and he can be tough. I really have no clue about TCU but assumed they should probably bounce back a little next season as well and that could be tough on the road.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
There's 3 or 4 that could easily go either way. Illinois game is on the road so I just went with that game for the L. They seemed like maybe they started to turn the corner last year. Wasn't sure about the Baylor game. I know Brewer is coming back and he can be tough. I really have no clue about TCU but assumed they should probably bounce back a little next season as well and that could be tough on the road.

Purdy is better than Brewer

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Purdy is better than Brewer
Yeah and Baylor loses some big time guys both on defense and offense, not to mention losing Matt Rhule who resurrected that program. Baylor will be okay next year but not even close to what they were last year.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.

Tough to disagree with much here.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see ISU go undefeated at home. Oklahoma is obviously a superior team but ISU has gone toe to toe with them several years in a row and OU loses a lot.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Tough to disagree with much here.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see ISU go undefeated at home. Oklahoma is obviously a superior team but ISU has gone toe to toe with them several years in a row and OU loses a lot.
It's not like it's just an Iowa or ISU thing but most teams do lose at least 1 game that they flat out shouldn't.