*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Huge missed call on a rebound where McGriff trucks Nixon and then Grill gets called for a reach putting Likely to the line. I have no idea how McGriff trucking Nixon was missed.
This was inexcusable and changed the outcome of the game.

OSU almost got beat by a team without two of their best players and needed serious help from the refs - they don't deserve even an NIT bid.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well shucks that was a disappointing ending to the game and season. They played hard all game though I was talking to a OSU fan before the game and told him we would get trucked with out Bolton I was wrong. Great effort by the guys tonight. Well time to go into the off season and hope for the best next yr.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Compared to last year's championship team, we were without Lard, THT, NWB, LW, Shayock, and Haliburton. Also without our remaining high scorer (Bolton) and one on a gimpy ankle (Nixon). So yes, no reason to be surprised.

he needed to do an offense defense thing with Conditt the last 2-3 minutes.

I feel terrible for prentiss. Dude played his heart out. All of the guys did.

Thanks to the seniors and Tyrese. Thank you for representing my school in a positive manner. Good luck in life.

now, carry on with shitting all over the kids and of course the coach.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
I have no idea why Higgins gets as much respect as he does from the CBB media. Guy is very overrated as an official.

Well...crap. Really tough to see that kind of loss, but typical for the kind of season it's been. They left it all out on the court though. That's all we can ask for.

Not sure how much "respect from the CBB media" Higgins gets. I think he's been around forever and is one of the few guys without a completely shaved head so it's easy for them to remember his name. I actually think he's one of the better refs in the game individually.

Now the other morons he was with tonight were a different story. They were the ones doing the usual stuff like calling touch fouls on Grill away from the ball with no intent other than to even up the foul count. Call fouls the same throughout the game but that's not what their supervisors want. They want the fouls even so that they aren't getting crap from the coaches the next day even if one team is a much more physical team.

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
he needed to do an offense defense thing with Conditt the last 2-3 minutes.

I feel terrible for prentiss. Dude played his heart out. All of the guys did.

Thanks to the seniors and Tyrese. Thank you for representing my school in a positive manner. Good luck in life.

now, carry on with shitting all over the kids and of course the coach.

Actually trying to support coach with that post. He was nearly up against the impossible with that kind of situation and yet they almost pulled it off. Agreed that those crapping on coach and the team need to check themselves.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
This was inexcusable and changed the outcome of the game.

OSU almost got beat by a team without two of their best players and needed serious help from the refs - they don't deserve even an NIT bid.
There must be a giant conspiracy out there by the Big 12 to get Okie State past ISU......

...or there is no giant conspiracy and the refs just make mistakes at this level. Most NBS fans I know think the refs at that level stink, too. It happens all the time.

• Dislike
Reactions: JBone84

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
There must be a giant conspiracy out there by the Big 12 to get Okie State past ISU......

...or there is no giant conspiracy and the refs just make mistakes at this level. Most NBS fans I know think the refs at that level stink, too. It happens all the time.

More like the refs got caught up in the "comeback" by OSU and just went with it. And in the process enabled it.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Just got back to hotel from game. Horrible loss. Up 9 and choke it. Wtf.

Dunk for a 1 point lead and freshman Grill has to eventually try and stop Likekele one on one.

Horrible coaching. Got to double Likekele and make him pass for OSU jump shot.

I am now on fire Prohm wagon. What an idiot.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort

Dunk for a 1 point lead and freshman Grill has to eventually try and stop Likekele one on one.

I just got back to my house after the game and had about 4 big Boulevard Space Campers at Sprint Center so I am a little faded,

I am not faded enough to post something this stupid. Great job.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006

If you don't like IOWA STATE FANS making their opinions known on an IOWA STATE FAN SITE, then choose to opt out of the discussion. My guess is that 99.9% of Cyfans are NOT visiting KUBoo Chats & chastising them about their opinions. BTW, I take some exception to that post's premise as well, but i'm not on here mocking the poster.

And, for the record, I don't hate KU like many on here do. My niece is a KU alumnus and I want KU (or Oklahoma) to win the Big 12 Tourney this year to preserve the Big 8 teams' 24 year dominance in this tourney. I called you out because I think you are out-of-line with your response.

Reactions: cycophagus

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006

I am guessing you never played basketball.

when exactly were we supposed to double team likekele? The biggest Mistake was celebrating the Lewis dunk and not running back. Great play by OSU, just get it and go. There was no time for anything but a reaction play by us.

BTW - Prohm called the center clear out for a Lewis which resulted in the dunk. Was that poor coaching?

some people must make everything fit their Hate Prohm Scenario.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron